UKC

Advice - multi day Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chewie65 19 Feb 2017
Whilst I've been to the Dollies several times, I've done Day walks. I'm looking into 4/5 days using huts, and where possible bivvy/camp.
Would like to start around Chamonix.
As I have no idea about that area, any ideas would be appreciated. Also, how easy is it to get away with camping/bivvying.
Thanks is advance
 GridNorth 19 Feb 2017
In reply to Wookster:

Bivving is OK camping is illegal and often enforced.

Al
 jimmccall 19 Feb 2017
In reply to Wookster:

Hello,
Several years ago, I took a leisurely stroll from Chamonix to Les Gets. It took 4 days and I stayed in the huts. I started at Chamonix at lunch (having transferred from Geneva from a morning flight) and reached Le Brevant hut a few of hours later. A long walk next day took me to the Refuge Alfred Wills. I left early (from Le Brevant hut) and passed a couple of tents on the lower slopes, maybe half an hour before passing Le Reguge de Moede Anterne. Further camping evident, although reasonably discrete, at the Lac d'Anterne. I walked from there through Sixt Fer a Cheval to what I think must have been the Refuge de la Vogealle. Plenty of places to camp or bivvy near the lake above this. I then walked the long way around to the Reguge Bostan Tornay. I didn't see any evidence of camping or bivvying on this stretch but I think you could happily find a quiet bivvy spot. From here I walked to Les Gets. Again, no evidence of any camping or bivvying, but plenty of opportunity in the woods, away from the maddning crowd... I was in the bar by lunch time. It is all covered on one map.
Good Luck,
Jim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...