UKC

Kia Sorento

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Bellie 21 Feb 2017
Seeking advice from the UKC crowd. Has anyone owned one? any thoughts...

woppo 21 Feb 2017
In reply to Bellie:

daughter got one, tows double horse trailer no problem, good in muddy fields, heated seats!!!
no issues mechanically - 10 years old.
really comfy but automatic so a bit thirsty i think.
Bellie 21 Feb 2017
In reply to woppo:

Thanks, one of the uses will be towing a horse box in future, so good to know.
 woppo 21 Feb 2017
In reply to Bellie:

better towing capacity / limit than many other 4x4's
 Baron Weasel 21 Feb 2017
In reply to Bellie:

My sister has one (for towing a horsebox too) and has had a lot of problems including a recall that left her carless for 3 months.
 Ridge 21 Feb 2017
In reply to Bellie:

Can't speak for the Sorrento, but bought a Kia Ceed ex demonstrator about 6 years ago with 7k on the clock. Up to 128k now. Only mechanical issue was roll bar bushes and a CV joint that were found to be worn when MOT'd at 86k. Surprisingly they were done free of charge under warranty, which I wasn't expecting. Had one recall to check suspension mountings but no work required. I just service it once a year (20k miles), fill it with fuel and change tyres and pads as required.
In reply to Bellie:

Wrong question for UKC -- the default option is a Skoda Octavia Estate.
Bellie 22 Feb 2017
In reply to Bellie:

Thanks. I've read about some of its problems, but then again, whatever I look at in the 4 x 4 SUV class, they all seem to have their problems.

I bought a Freelander last year - which was a mistake. It ended up being like one of those clown cars, with bits fallen off all the time. Nice when it drove, but so many niggly faults - it was only fun if you were a mechanic. In the end the engine blew big style (death by turbo).

So I'm looking again, but hoping for less problems. Fortunately this won't get used most of the time, just for wintery trips and moving the horse... and collecting bales, so the extra load capacity is advantageous.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...