UKC

Perceptions of indoor and Outdoor climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi there,
My name is Joseph Bradley and I was wondering if anyone could fill out my questionnaire for my dissertation on: How do indoor climbers perceive climbing differently than more traditional climbers? If you've climbed before or are climbing now, any responses are appreciated
Thanks

Here is the Link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfUd9KSRYDp-K57z5jtdpDylom_B8r6f0D...
Post edited at 12:18
 Postmanpat 22 Feb 2017
In reply to Joseph.Bradders:

No link.
In reply to Postmanpat:

just added it, thanks for pointing out
 Dandan 22 Feb 2017

I'm unsure what, if any, information you will glean from that but I've filled it out regardless.
I doubt you'll find many people who are purely indoor or outdoor climbers, or any people who do both and would label themselves as one or the other specifically, it all seems a little vague to me...

I've filled it in as best I could - during the summer I mostly climb outside and during the winter mostly inside so its hard to categorise me in that respect.
In reply to Dandan:
Thanks for your response. yeah it is a little vague but im just trying to get something to work with first off then im going to interview some people about the subject later on.
 johncook 22 Feb 2017

Done. One of the better surveys to appear here. Room to explain answers, and an apparent knowledge of the subject instead of the usual borrowed formats. Good luck
In reply to johncook:

Thankyou, its just to gather initial information from which I will ask further questions in an interview format.
 Emilio Bachini 22 Feb 2017

Though not with people who complete the questionnaire? I don't remember filling out any contact information.

Thanks for the space to go off on one about the questions, it's unrealistic to conform our beliefs and opinions to a predetermined answer.

Please post your conclusion back here. I did the survey via facebook
 springfall2008 24 Feb 2017

Done, although it doesn't allow you to say indoor in winter and outdoors in summer!
 stp 25 Feb 2017

Interesting subject matter.

The form doesn't work for me, probably because it's google, so can't take part I'm afraid.
 Big Ger 25 Feb 2017

Completed it, it should have an option for ex-climbers, or those unable to climb as regularly as 3 monthly.

Apart from that it made a welcome change from the usual bollocks surveys we get here.
 markAut 25 Feb 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Agreed, but the OP has actually done some climbing, which may be the reason why!

Liked the thought provoking questions and free text spaces for answers. Could be a bugger to analyse though as you can't just add up all the columns and plot a chart.
Would be very interested in seeing the results.
In reply to markAut:

thanks for all the comments guys, I will be able to give a summary after i have handed in my dissertation at the end of next month. But yes it will be a nightmare to go through all that, but there are some very interesting answers.
sebastian dangerfield 02 Mar 2017

"Do you think that the primary design of indoor climbing walls; Safety and ease of access, could give new climbers a false perception of climbing? *"

Do you mean false perception of climbing outside?
 Mick Ward 02 Mar 2017

> How do indoor climbers perceive climbing differently than more traditional climbers?

1. Colour coded holds.

2. A clip every four feet.

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...