UKC

Partner/s wanted for June trip; Stubai Rucksack Route, Austria

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
msmith8741 23 Feb 2017

I shall be walking part of the Stubai "Rucksack" route in the Stubai Valley mountains in the last week of June to celebrate my 60th birthday. The Stubai valley is approx 30 minutes South of Innesbrook airport (by car) and serviced by regular buses or a scenic/old mining tram route from Innesbrook to Fulpmes so the valley is easily accessible.

This a Hutte to Hutte route. Due to other commitments I will starting the walk on Tuesday 27 June.

The Rucksack rout is a Hutte to Hutte tour and the the lower and "easier" of the two main ridge trails and should be mainly below glaciers but may have some lying snow on the paths at this time of year, the route also includes some via ferreta sections. I shall be walking the route clockwise from Milders towards the glacial skiing area.

Looking for people interested in joining me for the tour - I can only walk part of the route due to existing commitment so will staying over night in four Huttes before descending down the main ski area cable cars. People may be interested in completing the full route of 7 or 8 Huttes depending on where you want to descend down to the Stubai valley again.

Click smith8741@gmail.com

Mike Smith
Post edited at 08:33

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...