UKC

NEWS: Joe-cita, 9a, by Laura Rogora

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 26 Feb 2017
Laura Rogora on La Gasparata, 8c+/9a, Collepardo, Italy, 4 kbAfter a month or so back home in Italy, Laura Rogora is already back in Spain where she has climbed her second 9a with Joe-Cita, at Oliana

"Yeaaaaah!!!😀😁💪💪 This morning i sent "joe-cita" 9a, a fantastic route in oliana!! Too...

Read more
 Shani 26 Feb 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Incredible! Well done.
 teddy 26 Feb 2017
Fantastic effort! Is this climb a link of two existing routes? The name sounds like a combination of route names I have heard of already

Toerag 27 Feb 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I don't understand all the excitement about it being teenage girls - climbing is basically gymnastics, which is dominated by teenage girls. Chances are that their small hands and light weight will help them as well.
 samwillo 27 Feb 2017
In reply to Toerag:

Could it be that these two women are both operating at the cutting edge and represent a new generation of strong female climbers? Or do we discount the achievements of everyone under 5ft 6 who can fit their hand down can of pringles?
 JLS 27 Feb 2017
In reply to Toerag:

It could well be that, flash in the pan teenagers, are the future of climbing. However, Ondra seems the be progressing well despite his advancing years and increasingly bulky frame so perhaps we should give the current crop of teenagers the benifit of the doubt and wait and see.
 FreshSlate 28 Feb 2017
In reply to Toerag:
Yeah I'd much rather hear about a fat weak man climbing 6b+. Sick of all these girls crushing 9a, it's not fair.
Post edited at 00:07
 simes303 01 Mar 2017
In reply to FreshSlate:

Why is the fat man climbing, whereas the girls are crushing?
 stp 01 Mar 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Michaela Kiersch also did another 8c+, 24 Karats of Gold, at the Red River Gorge. Possibly on the same day, if not very close.
 stp 01 Mar 2017
In reply to Toerag:

> Chances are that their small hands and light weight will help them as well.

Whilst that's definitely true, short height and armspan, lack of testosterone and muscle building ability are definitely disadvantageous too.

Did you see the vid of Michael Kiersch doing the Golden Ticket (8c+). She's really short and the crux involves a long dyno. Very inspiring climbing and tenacity:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item/70904/video_-_michaela_kiersch_and_the...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...