UKC

iTunes help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rampikino 27 Feb 2017
Not a rant but a request for help...

I have an iPhone full of about 1800 songs - all legally purchased or loaded from CDs.

I have downloaded iTunes onto a windows laptop to sync.

The Laptop will only take the 600 or so songs that it sees as being purchases and not the ones from CDs.

How on earth do I force them over as all the help sources I find lead me up blind alleys?

And yes, I know apple can be shite at times, but I'm not changing my iPhone. Suggestions about how else to access my music will be noted and looked at I. Due course but I need a fix sharpish!

Thanks all (I hope)
Removed User 27 Feb 2017
In reply to Rampikino:
Honestly, ditch itunes and use a decent program for loading your music. CopyTransManager works. It just loads and allows you to create playlists from your music, the source of the music doesn't matter.
Post edited at 23:50
 arch 28 Feb 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

You need to locate the "My music folder" on the laptop hard drive, copy it and save it to the itunes folder. It's something like that anyway.

A friend at work told me how to do it when I had the same problem. I'll ask him today how it's done and get back to you later, assuming nobody else has sorted it.
 Fredt 28 Feb 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

I moved to Copy Trans Manager and never looked back. Thoroughly recommended to rid yourself of Apple Software, - though you can still use the Music App on the iPhone, you don't need itunes.
OP Rampikino 28 Feb 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

I appear to have lost 1200 songs thanks to this.

I do love my iPhone, but iTunes is somewhat frustrating and doesn't behave intuitively.

I thought I had everything saved and backed up... obviously not!
 Jenny C 28 Feb 2017
In reply to arch:

> You need to locate the "My music folder" on the laptop hard drive, copy it and save it to the itunes folder.

Yes a bit of time with google and you can find videos of how to do it, from what I remember you have to search for "hidden" files.
In our case a virus on the laptop lost all our music and I was able to upload from the Ipod - was a bit of a faf but far less work then having to copy every CD from scratch.

arch 28 Feb 2017
In reply to Rampikino:
Sorry, but the guy at work can't remember either.

My issue was when I upgraded my laptop. I signed into itunes on the new laptop and only the purchased songs were there. I found the "my music" folder on the old laptops itunes, saved all the music to a memory stick, then downloaded it to the new laptop itunes, or something like that.

As Jenny says, youtube/google should help. Or try here.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204668
Post edited at 17:04
 wilkie14c 28 Feb 2017
In reply to arch:

also when putting 'non' itunes files onto an ipod, you need to find a jpeg of the album cover and imbed it to the file otherwise the display of the ipod just shows a grey box with a ? mark when playing.
google images will find the album cover in seconds, right click and copy the image, paste it into the album cover box of *mp3tag and save, then when the file is loaded to the ipod, it goes across with the album artwork.
*mp3tag is a free program for messing with mp3 files - artwork, file names, track number etc
80 gig ipod classic owner here with no itunes purchased tracks at all
 NathanP 28 Feb 2017
In reply to wilkie14c:

> also when putting 'non' itunes files onto an ipod, you need to find a jpeg of the album cover and imbed it to the file otherwise the display of the ipod just shows a grey box with a ? mark when playing.

iTunes will do that automatically for your whole library if you want, including ripped music: Choose File > Library > Get Album Artwork.

Sometimes the cover art may not match what you had expected: if the US and UK covers were different or for compilation albums and others that were issued with multiple different covers. If that's important to you then I'd suggest only using the automatic feature if you haven't painstakingly gone through already and exactly matched a load of covers for albums you have ripped from CD.
OP Rampikino 28 Feb 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

Ok guys recommending CopyTrans Manager

I have iPhone and laptop - I take it I "drive" my music from the laptop with a download. What do I use on the iPhone?
OP Rampikino 01 Mar 2017
In reply to ex0 and Freddy:

CopyTrans Manager - oh my lord, how easy was that????

Thank you!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...