UKC

NEWS: El Regalo de Mwono, 8a+ big wall FA, by Belgian team in Patagonia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Feb 2017
Hanging camp high on El Regalo de Mwono, 4 kbSean Villanueva O'Driscoll, Siebe Vanhee and Nico Favresse have made the first ascent of El Regalo de Mwono on the east face of the Central Tower of Paine in Patagonia. The 1200 metre, 5.10 A4, VI route was first climbed a quarter of a decade ago by Simon Yates, Sean Smith,...

Read more
 Doug 28 Feb 2017
In reply to UKC News:

> Sean Villanueva O'Driscoll, Siebe Vanhee and Nico Favresse have made the first ascent of El Regalo de Mwono
- The 1200 metre, 5.10 A4, VI route was first climbed a quarter of a decade ago by Simon Yates, Sean Smith

am I missing something ?
 john arran 28 Feb 2017
In reply to Doug:

> - The 1200 metre, 5.10 A4, VI route was first climbed a quarter of a decade ago by Simon Yates, Sean Smith am I missing something ?

FFA?
 The Gimp 28 Feb 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Wow! "...quarter of a decade ago..." is a really impressive way to say 2.5 years ago...
 Doug 28 Feb 2017
In reply to The Gimp:
except the first ascent was in the early 90s, so more like a quarter of a century - does UKC news not have any proof readers ?

This seems more believable
http://www.planetmountain.com/en/news/alpinism/paine-towers-nicolas-favress...
Post edited at 19:37
 timmeh81 01 Mar 2017
In reply to john arran:

> FFA?

Yes. At 8a+.
In reply to Doug:

Haha, sorry about that!

stp 02 Mar 2017
In reply to UKC News:

> Out of 19 days we had only about 3 half days of good weather. The rest of the time we made very slow progress while fighting with snow storms and raging winds.

Whilst undoubtedly a most impressive ascent if had three weeks to do some hard free climbing I think I'd much rather go somewhere with decent weather. I know it's an adventure and all that but climbing wise it doesn't sound that much fun. I guess I just don't have that mountaineer mentality though.
In reply to stp:

Ministers!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...