UKC

Sport Climbing in Sardinia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 01 Mar 2017
Going to Sardinia in 2 weeks and looking for a guide book or info on easyish routes
 lithos 01 Mar 2017
In reply to Removed Userdavepeng:

google is your friend
 Al Cartwright 01 Mar 2017

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/book.php?id=1021

I have pdfs of the old mini guides for Cala Gonone and Inland Sardinia, can email you them if you PM me. they are very out of date now though. the guide linked above is your best bet.
sebastian dangerfield 01 Mar 2017
In reply to lithos:

"don't be a dick" good words to live by
 lithos 02 Mar 2017
In reply to sebastian dangerfield:

indeed you should heed them
sebastian dangerfield 02 Mar 2017
In reply to lithos:

touche
 stp 02 Mar 2017
In reply to lithos:
> google is your friend

No it really isn't. Google is giant US based advertising corporation that works with the NSA to undermine privacy globally.

If you believe they are your friend that simply a result of their marketing strategy.
Post edited at 21:24
 lithos 02 Mar 2017
In reply to stp:

i didnt say they were my friend, i use duckduckgo
 Robert Durran 03 Mar 2017
In reply to stp:

> No it really isn't. Google is giant US based advertising corporation that works with the NSA to undermine privacy globally.If you believe they are your friend that simply a result of their marketing strategy.

But it is still fantastic for finding stuff out - nothing to do with marketing strategy.
 Mark Morris 03 Mar 2017

Dave,
To to try and answer your question:
There was a large local guide that had English translations alongside the Italian.
http://www.rockrun.com/pietra-di-luna?gclid=Cj0KEQiAot_FBRCqt8jVsoDKoZABEiQ...

Its huge and expensive.

There is climbing all over the island but Cala Galnone is the "traditional" base with lots of easy trad in walking distance of the village.
 stp 04 Mar 2017
In reply to Robert Durran:
The phrase annoys me because because it's a) the opposite of the truth b) just a marketing term and there's no reason to regurgitate it unless you're getting paid to do so.

I'd say it's the internet that's fantastic for finding stuff out, not Google. Google could be erased from the web completely and it wouldn't make much difference. The only Google thing I ever used was the cinema listings pages. But they stopped that some time ago so now I don't use any of their web pages.

PS. Apologies to Dave that this has nothing to do with Sardinia. But hey at least it bumps your topic back up.
Post edited at 10:24

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...