UKC

Best Climber/Walker Centric accommodation in Spain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 07 Mar 2017
Hi,
looking at accommodation in Spain walking and climber centric. Interested in places like The Olive Branch, Orange House, ClimbCatalunya and the one at Abella de Conca. Not interested in Refugios. Which is the best. What are they doing right. At this point the area does not matter.
Cheers
 Doug 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

rather depends where you want to go, high mountains (eg Pyrenees) or more lowland/coastal. And I'm not sure why you rule out 'refugios', some are more or less hotels in the mountains
 winhill 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

> ClimbCatalunya and the one at Abella de Conca.

Same building.
 Oliver Houston 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

Deciding where you want to go might help, or at least when. The southern mountains will almost certainly be too hot for walking in Summer, so Picos de Europa/Pyrenees would be better (although these were still warm when we were camping in September). Rodellar has a lot of canyoning and swimming as well as climbing, so you can avoid the heat, but again, we were camping, so can't recommend anywhere specific.
J1234 07 Mar 2017
In reply to winhill:

> Same building.

You are quite correct, I was thinking of this none http://casacatalunya.com/
J1234 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

Just to make things clear.

Which is the best. What are they doing right. At this point the area does not matter.

Cheers
 Doug 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

best at what ? & for who ? your question is too vague to have any real answer
J1234 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Doug:

I am asking for personal opinions.
 john arran 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

Are you thinking of opening something similar and doing market research?
J1234 07 Mar 2017
In reply to john arran:

Your analytical mind has seen right through me .
 LeeWood 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

I reckon its a different choice for walkers and climbers, and depending which season you want to get your custom. The biggest walker/mountaineer magnet in spain is the Maladeta massif in the Benasque valley - and I failed to find any anglo-friendly hostel there - so maybe worth a look. Plenty of crags around - but higher alti's so mainly summer. Same for Cavallers granite zone. Other choice possibly close to Rodellar-with-Ordesa.
 Doug 07 Mar 2017
In reply to LeeWood:
maybe no 'anglo-friendly hostels' in/around Benasque but several friendly small hotels and refuges, although it helps to speak a little Spanish. Its also a ski area in winter so should be visitors all year
Post edited at 11:53
J1234 07 Mar 2017
In reply to LeeWood:

Thanks for that. I noted you are the moderator for Abella de la Conca, I will be checking out your moderating in the near future
 GrahamD 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

Having somewhere near the climbing at competitive rates.
 Sam Mayfield 08 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

Will be interested to see what answers you get to this one?
Sam Orange House :0)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...