UKC

Climbing destinations with easy multipitch 4/5.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nick_Merriman 07 Mar 2017
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for somewhere to go on a climbing holiday which has some good easy multipitch with great views, and also some good single pitch too if possible. Basically after ailefroide but not in France!

Wanna be climbing around F4/5.

I've heard about La Pedriza, but I get the impression it's all slabs?

Looking for a place to ask someone a very important question... hence the picturesque views I require!

Cheers everyone.

Nick
 kingborris 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Nick_Merriman:
Finale Ligure? it has a decent scattering of low grade multipitch (mostly 2 pitch but a few longer outings). its certainly picturesque
Post edited at 14:48
 mick t 07 Mar 2017
In reply to Nick_Merriman: What about paklenica Croatia, laods of low grade multipitch
( mainly trad) plus single pich sport. Mountains and sea, Oh and a beer shop built into the crag !

GarethSL 07 Mar 2017

If you're planning for the summer how about Lofoten? Ok granted, its not full of easy routes and its mostly trad... but the views are spectacular and there is plenty around to make a good trip of it!

Alternatively the Dolomites, Eldorado, Paklenica, Picos de Europa, Penon de Ifach, Puig Campana... etc.

What is your budget like? Do you plan to fly & hire or drive from the UK?
 Simon Caldwell 07 Mar 2017

Until you said "not in France" I'd have suggested Ariege.

Tuolumne?
 stubbed 07 Mar 2017

From memory, La Pedriza is not massively multi pitch and was actually quite hard, I can't remember climbing 4s and 5s
Try the Terradets in Spain maybe. Lots of easy multi pitch. Bit polished.
 Simon Caldwell 07 Mar 2017
In reply to stubbed:

There are a lot of multi pitch routes at La Pedriza, but the bolting is "interesting" and all felt hard for the grade.
J1234 07 Mar 2017

You may need some trad gear, however to my mind the Dolomites was as stunning scenically as Yosemite https://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=6932
 AJM 07 Mar 2017

Montserrat is nice. Blog article with photos in my profile. If you want sport-bolted 4/5 stuff then just make sure you do the research as whilst some of it is fine, there is a range from spaced rust streaks through to more sensible stuff...
 BrainoverBrawn 07 Mar 2017

En Vau at the Calanques has some lovely 4's and 5's. 2 days worth if you are at it all day as a 6 climber so maybe 4 days otherwise from my recollection. Loads of 4's and 5's on the other cliffs in the guidebook. It is accurate too and well maintained if you can cope with the overall massiveness finding all the access points.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...