UKC

Lecco / Como multipitch sport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kingborris 08 Mar 2017
I'm thinking of heading to the Lecco / Como area in early June. Whats the multipitch sport in the area like? Is it well bolted or more 'mountaineering' style, eg, a small rack is needed? Is there much to go at upto around 6a?

Cheers.
 RyanOsborne 08 Mar 2017
In reply to kingborris:

I've only been to Galbiate which was really nice. There is some multipitch stuff there, although we stuck to single pitch. It's a really nice setting and easy to get to. It can get really hot though - we had to bail off of some stuff down by the lake because the rock was too hot to touch by lunch time (early September).

Martin Bennett 08 Mar 2017
In reply to kingborris:

I can only speak for the Cassin route on Corna di Medale as, apart from that, we made do with singe pitch sport on our long weekend in Lecco. I seem to recall we took half a dozen nuts and a few friends and made use of them here and there. It's a thousand foot route with an easy approach and descent and bears the name of Ricardo Cassin - what more recommendation could it have? Be aware though it has a lot of greenery in the Summer. It doesn't really detract from the climbing but go in the early Spring if you want nice photos!
We did a good via ferrata on the face too.
Just up the road is the Grigna region where I've not yet climbed but from what I understand it's more like "mini-mountaineering" and I'd certainly take a rack on some of these climbs.
If you want a recommendation for an altogether unique eating experience in the area drop me a line!
OP kingborris 09 Mar 2017
In reply to Martin Bennett:

Thanks both. The cassin route looks pretty good!
 tjekel 13 Mar 2017
In reply to kingborris:

have done some stuff at grigna, and this being at around 2000m asl is climbable very much climbable in summer. in addition, ther are several shady options. max length - mostly along ridges - was something like 10 pitches. take a moderate set of nut and friends to go with some threads, belays were bolted.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...