UKC

Max. Lifespan of climbing equipment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul at work 08 Mar 2017

Have you ever wondered what the different climbing equipment manufacturers state as the maximum life span of their different products?

Well to save you the time of looking for all of the information, I have put together a comparison document comparing Harness, Helmet, Ropes, Slings and Metalwork lifespans from over 20 different manufacturers. And posted it as jpegs at https://t.co/4Vxyst9QYT

Along side some useful information on the various regulations that cover equipment inspections within the UK, when using this equipment in a work environment.

Post edited at 23:01
 AlanLittle 09 Mar 2017
In reply to Paul at work:

I have 1980s wires and rigid stem Friends in the cellar that I would use with no worries at all.
 Andypeak 09 Mar 2017
In reply to Paul at work:

I've got some caribiners that prevents date kilo newtons. They have 2000kg printed on them. Some a are clogg and some are bonalteli (excuse spelling) I'm unsure how old they are and I only use them for racking but I wouldn't have an issue using one for gear.
Anyone know roughly how old these might be?
 nniff 09 Mar 2017
In reply to Andypeak:

If the Bonaiti ones have a painted gate, they'll be pre-1978/79. If they have an anodised gate they'll be circa 1978/9. I think they ceased to be available in the UK shortly after then.

The Clog krabs - assuming they're 2200 or 2100kg - were common in the early 80's
 Andypeak 10 Mar 2017
In reply to nniff:

Thanks. I think the gates were anodised but they are that old it's all worn off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...