UKC

Request for info - Cyprus climbing history

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Andy Gamisou 14 Mar 2017
Morning.

I'm writing a short article on the history of rock climbing on the island of Cyprus. I have amassed a reasonable amount of information over the years - the various small GB military guides to Happy Valley, 5 fingers, Jamiesons, Greko, Pyla etc - mostly documenting routes from the late sixties to the mid nineties. Also the Droushia article published in OTE in the mid nineties.

What I don't have is many photos from that era or any information of any activity prior to around 1967 - maybe there wasn't any.

If you were around the area climbing prior to 2000 (the era I most need information for) and have any photos (or any other information) that you'd be happy to share then I would be pleased to hear from you.

Thanks.
 Rampikino 14 Mar 2017
In reply to Scotch Bingington:

There's a fair bit in the mini guide to Eastern Cyprus that I wrote. Sadly Rockfax discontinued it, but if you drop me a line I will sort something out for you.

M
Andy Gamisou 14 Mar 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

> There's a fair bit in the mini guide to Eastern Cyprus that I wrote. Sadly Rockfax discontinued it, but if you drop me a line I will sort something out for you.M

Thanks. I have the original Greko guide, so I'm probably OK for this bit. Ta anyway.
Andy Gamisou 14 Mar 2017
In reply to Rampikino:

As rockfax don't want to distribute your guide, I'd be happy to. I know it's a nice little guide (I bought the pdf about 6 years ago). Not sure how this impacts your agreement with Rockfax, but I guess you can liaise with Alan. If interested lets communicate via PM - there are a few (very) minor changes I'd like.
 Rampikino 14 Mar 2017
In reply to Scotch Bingington:
It's not an official Rockfax guide and the copyright is all mine, so there is no issue.

PS I don't have the appetite to spend time editing the guide - I spent long enough on it to get it to where it is!
Post edited at 19:35

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...