UKC

Inspiration for a 3 day bike route (road or mountain bike)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lynsety 14 Mar 2017
Pretty much as the title says, I'm meeting someone who lives in the Yorkshire Dales and I'm travelling from Aberdeen so somewhere roughly in the middle...don't mind if its not an 'official' route just some inspiration and hear some stories.

p.s. anyone ridden the 'sandstone way' that one gets my interest!

Thanks

Lynsey.
 ebdon 15 Mar 2017
In reply to Lynsety:

Tour of the cairngorms?
 ianstevens 15 Mar 2017
 ebdon 15 Mar 2017
In reply to ianstevens:

That would be my second choice (mtb not road though) however i wasn't sure if it was suitably in the middle for the op. The logistcs are also a bit more problematic as its point to point.
Has anyone done the off road route? i had planned to do it a few years ago but my lift fell through. I was never sure how good the riding was or how much road was involved.
 rif 15 Mar 2017
In reply to Lynsety:

Tour of Cairngorms is great, but it's hardly midway!
There are some lovely quiet road ride loops in the Borders, SW/S/SE of Peebles. Hilly country, but the ascents are gently graded compared to most of the Yorkshire Dales. Potentially go as far south as Newcastleton and Eskdalemuir. Tibbie Shiels used to be a nice place to stay (probably still is, just I've not been there for ages).

Rob F
 Mattilda 15 Mar 2017
In reply to Lynsety:

Maybe too far South for you, have done some of this and was super: http://www.transcambrian.co.uk/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...