UKC

Nutri Bullet breakfast recipes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Have been using a nutribullet for breakfast each morning since Father Christmas brought one into our house, but have the same thing everyday and am looking for some inspiration for mixing it up a bit.

Current daily routine is
Half a banana
Half an apple
Whole kiwi fruit
Whole satsuma
Handful of blueberries
Handful of grapes
Two handfuls of spinach
Linwoods milled Flaxseed mix (various)
Home made Kefir milk

I down this at 6am and it keeps me going until 11.30am. I occasionally put in stawberries/raspberries or pear if there is any in the fridge

Interested in any other breakfast concoctions any of you do so I can try them out.
Clauso 15 Mar 2017
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

My recipe would be maybe try downing it an hour later, so that it'll keep you going until lunchtime.
 wercat 15 Mar 2017

spoonful of full fat greek style yoghourt. Enough to carry full winter gear up a mountain where coffee or hot chocolate can form a 2nd breakfast.
In reply to Clauso:

ha, good idea...although I only have one jug with it which my wife uses after I have gone to work. Lunch at 11.30 works ok for me.
In reply to wercat:

that's it? a spoon of yoghurt? I can ditch the nutribullet then...I knew it was a fad, can sit next to the spiralizer and bread maker in the fondue set cupboard.
abseil 15 Mar 2017

If it was me I'd throw in 500 grams of sugar as well.
 ChrisBrooke 15 Mar 2017
Quite. There's an awful lot of sugar in there.
My suggestions (from my own smoothie habits):

Avocado
Raw beetroot
Kale
Ginger *** smoothie ingredient
Rainbow chard

Swap out some of the fruit for raw veggie goodness. It won't taste quite as nice, but will leave you feeling smug for hours....

[edit for clarity: that's not a recipe, rather some ingredient suggestions. I'll have a banana/mango/blueberry base for sweetness, ginger for taste and then as much green stuff as I can handle, with water providing the liquidy bit. Sometimes some extra plain whey protein and milled chia if I have it in]
Post edited at 17:24
 Nick Alcock 15 Mar 2017

Stick a large vodka in it.

D
 Tigger 15 Mar 2017

Spinach
Carrot
Beetroot
Orange
Ginger
Cucumber

Tasted ok this morning, generally I'm not the smoothie type but I have something like this occasionally as I work shift, only get short breaks and thus don't always have time for proper meals.
 guy127917 16 Mar 2017

Coconut milk, almonds, spinach, apple, banana is my favourite mix.
 Sir Chasm 16 Mar 2017

Bacon, sausage, black pudding, eggs, mushrooms, fried potatoes, mustard, worcester sauce.
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

There is a lot of sugar in there. I accept this as I don't have much sugar throughout the rest of the day.

I will try swapping some of the fruit with more veg and see how I get on. The kefir milk has a very distinct sour tangy taste so needs quite a bit of fruit to disguise. I saw a big bag of kale in the fridge this morning so will try that tomorrow.

Thx for the suggestions.
In reply to Sir Chasm:

Sounds like something Heston would liquidise, freeze and serve as ice cream
 snoop6060 16 Mar 2017

Milk, peanut butter (shit loads), banana and porridge oats. A bit more macdonalds milkshake than hipster green juice but bet it gets you past 11.30.

krikoman 16 Mar 2017
Corn Flakes and hot milk, yum yum!

or if you like it sweet, Honey, Golden Syrup, Strawberry jam.
Post edited at 10:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...