UKC

Windproof Smock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DancingOnRock 23 Mar 2017
I'm looking for a lightweight non hooded windproof smock.

Any suggestions?

I'm currently drawn towards the Montane Featherlight pull on top.
 Solaris 23 Mar 2017
In reply to DancingOnRock:

Very useful. I use mine in Britain and in the Alps, running and climbing. The fabric needs to be respected - which is what you'd expect given the garment's weight - but if it does tear, it's easily repaired with Tenacious tape.
 vscott 23 Mar 2017
For walking/running featherlite or equiavlent. For rock climbing, slightly heavier rab ventus or ME arrow (or similar) tougher so less likley to get shredded.
 nniff 23 Mar 2017

Montane Featherlite top - One of the best and most useful pieces of clothing I possess. It's been going for years too. If it's blowing a real gale, it's quite noisy, but it keeps the wind out. For cragging it's nigh on perfect - pops into a back pocket and keeps the breeze off on stances. Zip's long enough that you can put it on over a helmet.

Does me over a baselayer for most Scottish winter walk-ins. I then wear it over a thin fleece and under a softshell - helps all the layers slide over each other and improves freedom of movement. Peel off the softshell at the top, and I'm set for the walk off.
OP DancingOnRock 23 Mar 2017
Thanks all.

I have a 90s sprayway smock that has lost its repellency, even if it had any in the first place. I've tried to reproof it with wash-in proofing but it doesn't work too well.

sportshoes have the Montane for not much money.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...