UKC

Tremadog/One Step Update, anyone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 24 Mar 2017
Does anyone know the current state of play with One Step? Planning on heading to Tremadog tomorrow with a friend who has never been, want to tick the classics, I've been there many times in the past but not for years. A quick check on the RAD suggests a rockfall? Does anyone have up to date information? It is all fine just a bit different? Is it a heap of choss?

Cheers!
 springfall2008 24 Mar 2017
In reply to maybe_si:

I was wondering about that too, the logbook says it's not climbable but people are still logging it...
 jezb1 24 Mar 2017
In reply to maybe_si:
Climbed it a few times since the rock was levered off.

It's nice and clean now where the rock was, but that section is a bit cheekier than before with not much gear. I reckon that pitch is now 4c, so still VS 4c overall.
Post edited at 19:43
OP maybe_si 24 Mar 2017
In reply to jezb1:

Cool thanks, how recently was that? The RAD seems to suggest a new rockfall yesterday?! 4c is no problem and the first pitch was never great, it's all about the upper pitches anyway! I assume all other routes are as usual?
 jezb1 24 Mar 2017
In reply to maybe_si:

I did the first pitch as part of Nimbus Feb 14th, I'm not aware of any more rockfall.

The levered off block didn't effect any other routes - save those that share the first pitch of One Step obviously.
 patrick_b 24 Mar 2017
In reply to maybe_si:

As jezb1 says, it's nice and clean, still VS but a slightly different couple of steep moves now. Interesting to see up close just how much dropped off too!

Probably worth updating the logbook to reassure people that it's climbable at the same grade.
In reply to maybe_si:
> Cool thanks, how recently was that? The RAD seems to suggest a new rockfall yesterday?!

You may want to recheck the RAD date..... 1st anniversary of Mike Raine's crowbar exploits was yesterday

youtube.com/watch?v=QWVD_gc8DVA&

youtube.com/watch?v=jO6vWEjN-DA&

Typical Yorkshireman - pushes 20 tonnes of rock off a route and first thought is.... "Oooh, theres a wire behind it"
Post edited at 23:43
OP maybe_si 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

Aha, was I a year out?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...