UKC

Saturday night where is this location challenge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SebCa 25 Mar 2017
A brief read of the UKC rules and I think this should be ok.

Below is a link to a photograph a friend of mine is trying to re create, he believes its in the Lake District but could also be in Snowdonia but not 100%. I have tried and failed to identify it, hopefully someone here will be able to.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7y9Mnk4zfj7QkxxODFDSVJLMm8/view

Thanks in advance

Removed User 25 Mar 2017
In reply to SebCa: saddleworth moor

beefy_legacy 25 Mar 2017
In reply to SebCa:

Is that what I think it is? A load of bobbies on Saddleworth Moor in the 60s ... Why would you want to recreate that?
OP SebCa 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Removed User:

Much obliged, I don't suppose you could narrow it down a bit more could you? Thanks
 The New NickB 25 Mar 2017
In reply to SebCa:

> Much obliged, I don't suppose you could narrow it down a bit more could you? Thanks

I suspect the story behind that picture is very chilling. If your friend did not know it was Saddleworth Moor, discovering the story may well make them much less keen to recreate it.
 Tom Valentine 25 Mar 2017
In reply to SebCa:

The most obvious place to fit that description would be one of the pull off areas near Hollin Brown Knoll, which would make the hill in the background Alderman, and it just doesn't look like it.
Removed User 26 Mar 2017
In reply to Tom Valentine:
Agreed - no way is it Saddleworth. Too much clear space in the top left when there's moors everywhere from any vantage point.

Looks like the seaside to me...
Post edited at 02:05
 BrainoverBrawn 26 Mar 2017
In reply to SebCa:

Seems to be feeling like Wast Water, to me the ridgeline is the South side. Just feels however, many places it could be on that.
OP SebCa 26 Mar 2017
In reply to Tom Valentine:

Thank you all. It was my friends dads driving course in the late 50s he is trying to identify the locations to take him back to.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...