UKC

Is Pavey Ark dry?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Colin Dyer 25 Mar 2017
Trying to decide whether to go North or South from the central belt of Scotland for rock tomorrow.
Anyone on Pavey Ark today to confirm if it's dry or not?
 mark20 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Colin Dyer:

Scrambled up Jack's Rake yesterday, which was very wet. Snow melting from the top is draining down alot of the crag. Golden Slipper looked to be dry. Bracken Clock looked dry, perhaps some dampness on top pitch which will probably have dried. But the lower stuff - Acturus, Cruel Sister looked to be quite wet. Didn't get much of a look round to the right.
It has been dry and sunny all day today so may have dried up some more.
Valley crags looked good.
Hope that is of some help.
J1234 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Colin Dyer:
Doubt it, I was in Langdale today and there is slushy snow above 2000', I would not walk up there to climb. I chose to walk on Place Fell, and had to walk on snow and High Street was totally covered.
Post edited at 20:05
OP Colin Dyer 25 Mar 2017
In reply to Lenin:

Thanks guys, very helpful.
 Dauphin 25 Mar 2017
In reply to mark20:

Looked very wet on Thursday afternoon. Fannied out of it as i hadn't been up it previously and didn't want to die first time - wise choice?

D
 mark20 26 Mar 2017
In reply to Dauphin:
Hmm the majority of the rock was dry, the water was only running down the back of the rake. But it would probably be more fun when it's warmer and dry, then you can start up the gill and Tarn Crag for a big day out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...