UKC

Multi pitch routes in Bled(Slovenia)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 berndl 26 Mar 2017
Hi, I'm looking for a first information on climbing in Bled...there should be some
10+ pitches routes in moderate difficulty (F4-5). Any pointer to the basic data (altitude,
exposition and conditions by this time of the year), before I start chasing the guide book?
(Popular Climbing Routes in Slovenia should be the best??)

Thanks,
Bernd
Removed User 27 Mar 2017
In reply to berndl:
I recall climbing on road side multi pitch venue with lots of 4s and 5s not far from the lake sorry can't be more precise
 d_b 27 Mar 2017
In reply to berndl:

"Popular climbing routes in Slovenia" is almost entirely alpine/trad style mountain rock routes. Flicking through it I don't see anything listed particularly close to lake Bled. The Slovene language sport climbing guide may be a better bet for that area. Unfortunately I parted with my copy last year so I can't check it for you.

Having said that, if you have a car then the approaches to most of the main part of the Julian Alps can be driven to in about an hour from Bled. There are reasonable buses in summer as well.

In terms of conditions, expect snow on north faces of mountains into July, but they should be clear by August. South facing areas seem to have mostly cleared by mid June when I have been there.

If you want me to have a proper look then let me know. There are couple that look reasonable on the N face of Triglav (1 hour drive from Bled) and a few accessible from the Vrsic pass (maybe 1.5 hour drive).

I'm looking for a partner for a long IV+/V- on Spik if you are interested
OP berndl 06 Apr 2017
In reply to davidbeynon:

Thx for the information. I'll be down there in slovenia around easter, and this would be a bit to early for alpine
altitude. But I'll keep your name for later use, perhaps I'll be back in Julian Alps by late june.

Regards
Bernd

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...