UKC

London Wall ticks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Moles 27 Mar 2017
 Andy Say 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy Moles:

For one moment I wondered if their had been an outbreak of Lyme Disease at The Castle
But you are right. If someone has gone to all the trouble of abbing down with chalk in hand they could at least do the same to clean up.
 GDes 27 Mar 2017
For goodness sake. What's the place coming to?! If you have to put tick marks up a finger crack to help you climb it, perhaps you're not ready for that particular route just yet.

Bulls Crack 27 Mar 2017
In reply to GDes:

They could have just drawn two long lines either side of the crack!
 deepsoup 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy Moles:
Someone needs a visit from the gorilla!
vimeo.com/48602839
 DerwentDiluted 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy Moles:

In one old guidebook it said that this route was 'considered so hard chalk was preplaced by abseil'. May be someone hasn't put the clocks forward and is still in 1976?
 CurlyStevo 27 Mar 2017
In reply to DerwentDiluted:

and now the top climbers climb it in trainers
 johncook 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy Moles:

Apart from putting tick marks all over it and leaving them looking ugly, I wish people would stop repeatedly top roping it to learn the moves. By the time I am good enough to lead it the bloody thing will be worn out!
(Same goes for Down Hill Racer, much more top roping and it will have to change its name to The Mirror!)
 Bulls Crack 27 Mar 2017
In reply to johncook:

Same in Heptonstall Quarry - tick marks next to blatantly obvious holds on the leaning block

Not the same order of maginitude as London Wall but just as inane
 Monk 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy Moles:

Wtf! I generally don't rail against wall-bred climbers (especially as I am one) but this is insane. I can just about understand marking a crucial hidden hold, but this is climb-by-numbers in the most unimaginative way.
 Pekkie 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy Moles:

This is not helpful at all. Each tick needs more info e.g. LH for left hand, RF for right foot. Maybe LHf for Left hand finger lock, LHc for left hand crimp etc. And what about gear? R8 for rock 8, F2 for friend 2. That kind of thing. It's not rocket science, is it?
Try and do better!
 JamieSparkes Global Crag Moderator 28 Mar 2017
In reply to Pekkie:

Don't joke, there is a picture on here of just that on (I think) Wellington crack!
 tom.e 31 Mar 2017
In reply to Andy Moles:

It hasn't been cleaned up.

https://ibb.co/jHEyrF
 bouldery bits 31 Mar 2017
In reply to tom.e:

Huge bantz.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...