UKC

Peak sport crag with large grade range

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Charlie Low 27 Mar 2017
Does anyone have any suggestions for good sport crags in the Peak which have good routes around 7a and 8a?

JMarkW 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Charlie Low:

Cheedale?
 zv 27 Mar 2017
In reply to Charlie Low:

Cheedale, cornice will be dripping and not in condition, however Two Tier might be a good shout.

I imagine Raven Tor as well, however no idea how the conditions there are at the moment.
 snoop6060 28 Mar 2017
In reply to zmv:

Raven tor defo don't have good routes at 7a. Think there's one and it's horrible. >7b+ and things get much better.

Pretty much the only answer is cheedale, best bet the cornice but it'll be wet till.the middle/end of summer.

Go to yorkshire would be my advice.
 Ian Patterson 28 Mar 2017
In reply to snoop6060:
Cheedale does have some options. Two Tier has good routes from 7a up to 8b (I think), there's a couple of popular 8a's, one long and reputedly soft the other bouldery and (too me) desperate looking. Dries much quicker than Cornice and can be in condition from April onwards if we have decent spell of dry weather. If the 8a is not essential then the Embankment has a range of worthwhile (in a peak way) routes from 6c to 7c, again tends to dry out in decent spring weather.

As above go to Yorkshire for more options, could also look at Dinbren or Llandudno (Lower Pen Trywn in particular).
Post edited at 09:49

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...