UKC

Grindelwald / Interlaken Campervan Parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 katyc 02 Apr 2017
Hey,

Anyone have experience of rocking up at/ around Grindlewald / Interlaken with a van. Only for one night. Campsites look horrendously expensive (I know, it's Switzerland!). Anyone know of any discreet spots to park up overnight?

Thanks!

HeMa 02 Apr 2017
In reply to katyc:

I've bivuaced a few times by the Lake on the west side of Interlaken (gravel beach, where people go for a swim). And also just slept in the car on a small forest/sideroad on the way to Grindelwald. Neither might not be an option with a proper campervan though, but worked with a stationwagon or most likely with a transporter built stealth camper.
OP katyc 02 Apr 2017
In reply to HeMa:

Cheers.
Ours is a pretty stealthy so may give it a go!
Really psyched to see the area en route back from Cresciano if we can manage it without shelling out loads of money!
 HeMa 02 Apr 2017
In reply to katyc:

I think the beach I'm talkin' about is about here:
Parkplatz Weissenau, Weissenaustrasse, 3800 Unterseen, Sveitsi

(search in google maps).
 Aly 02 Apr 2017
In reply to katyc:
We were there lately, Grindelwald is difficult for free parking. Think the cheapest is over the river by the Grund station (6 francs per day), otherwise you can try driving up the little roads beside the ski piste or there's a layby on the hairpins up towards Isenfluh (nr Lauterbrunnen), I've no idea if you'd be moved on.
There will be places towards Interlaken I'm sure as HeMa has suggested.
OP katyc 04 Apr 2017
In reply to katyc:

Thanks all!
We took a gamble and headed up Sunday eve. Stayed in a layby on the road before the last turn off left to Grindlewald Sunday and a pull in over the pass after Lake Brienz last night. No problems with either. Absolute beautiful place too - definitely got to go back for longer!!!!
In reply to katyc:

As far as I can remember, Switzerland is actually not as strict as you might imagine for overnight van camping. Basically, as long as there's not a sign saying "no overnight parking" you are allowed to stay there in a camper, as long as you stay inside and don't "set up camp". Bit late to tell you this now, but it might help someone else...
In reply to katyc:

There is a very good campsite on the west side of Interlaken, which takes both tents and campervans: not too expensive and squeaky clean to a standard only experienced in Switzerland. But the owners (when I was there about five years ago) were absolutely a*al about the slightest noise after 10 pm. I crept in one night about 11 pm, and displaced one piece of gravel about the size of a pea that created perhaps 0.0000000001 db of sound. But, by the ticking off I got the next morning, you would have thought I'd organised a rave up for 1000 people with music at full blast!
S3.K1 05 Apr 2017
In reply to katyc:

At the River Lodge Interlaken is a TCS Camping. For a visit of Interlaken, washing and refill.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...