UKC

Australia, Grampians and Arapiles hook ups

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LilyPops 02 Apr 2017
I'm Going to Melbourne from 10th April to 1st May and looking for people to go climbing with in the Grampians or Arapiles. I don't drive, am bringing a sport rope but minimal climbing gear. I climb roughly 6b onsight, redpoint up to about 7a. Only done a little trad, but happy to second or lead very easy stuff... Boulder up to v5 but never climbed in Oz so not sure how this all translates!!!

Female age 30. Psyched to climb

tony 02 Apr 2017
In reply to LilyPops:

Try the forum on Chockstone, home of all things to do with climbing in Victoria.
http://www.chockstone.org

If I were you, I'd go to Arapiles - much wider range of climbing, across a wider range of grades.
 tk421 02 Apr 2017
In reply to LilyPops:

Araps will be easiest, turn up and the Pines and you'll find a partner no problem and won't need a car to get around. If you want to do trips to Grampians, you can find people there.

Getting there is slightly more difficult, theres bus / train that gets to Horsham. I think there's a bus to Natimuk, from there it'll be ok to hitch to Arapiles.
Chockstone could help find a lift, there's also Melbourne Rock Climbing on Facebook.
 spidermonkey09 02 Apr 2017
In reply to LilyPops:

Hi Lily, I just spent 3 months at Arapiles without any gear at all. Its the easiest place ever to find partners and the best place in the world to learn to trad climb. Go and stay a while, you wont be disappointed! Really friendly scene and easy to hitch to and from Horsham for food. Feel free to message if you want any specific info. Have fun!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...