UKC

Line of Duty - wrong time, wrong place

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin W 03 Apr 2017
Why did they have to move this to a Sunday evening? It's far too tense to be Sunday evening viewing for me, so I started off with the intention of recording this new series and watching it mid-week. (The first three series were broadcast on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday respectively, FWIW. I had a similar problem when Ripper Street moved to Sunday evenings. Oh yes: desperate, angst-ridden detectives surrounded by salt-of-the-earth prostitutes in various states of dismemberment, all marinated in a grimy evocation of the evils of Victorian capitalism are just what I need to set myself up for the week ahead. Not. As something to chill to after a hard day in the office, though: perfect.)

But of course they've compounded things by moving it to BBC1, which means that the herd now watch it - and then sit around the office discussing it on Monday! I've already had to leave the room three times today to avoid spoiler conversations going on around me.

Grr!
 Yanis Nayu 03 Apr 2017
In reply to Martin W:

I know it's blasphemy, but I don't think this series is all that good. Bit far-fetched, procedural bloopers, telegraphed future plot lines. I think watching The Killing and The Bridge has spoiled me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...