UKC

Tyrol hut-to-hut via ferratas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nutme 04 Apr 2017
Researching option to go in Tyrol for hut to hut for about a week doing 1 - 2 klettersteigs each day.
My group has done it few times in Dolomites and it was a blast. This year we are considering Tyrol, but the spread out of ferratas look a bit pessimistic.

Anyone done it or maybe could point to a good report please?
 Toerag 04 Apr 2017
In reply to nutme:

What do you consider to be Tyrol?
 tjekel 04 Apr 2017
In reply to nutme:

Probably Dachstein would be a better option if to hut is a necessity.
OP nutme 04 Apr 2017
In reply to Toerag:
> What do you consider to be Tyrol?

Mountains around Innsbruck. From Italian border in south to German in north.

In reply to tjekel:

> Probably Dachstein would be a better option if to hut is a necessity.

Interesting! Thanks for hint, will read about it.
Post edited at 15:48
 Toerag 05 Apr 2017
In reply to nutme:

> Mountains around Innsbruck. From Italian border in south to German in north.

OK cool. Have you looked on bergsteigen.com? You could certainly do some round the Zugspitze (Zugspitze, Alpspitze, Mauerlaufer), but I don't think there's a week's worth without a day of walking or coming down to valley level. Same goes for the area by the Coburger hutte, I've planned an overnight VF trip there. The VFs are good though, similar to Dolomites but different.

SteveD 05 Apr 2017
In reply to nutme:
Have you looked at this site? There is an app available too

https://www.alpenvereinaktiv.com/en
Post edited at 12:18
 AlanLittle 05 Apr 2017
In reply to Toerag:

Admittedly not starting in Tyrol, but in that general area starting with the Höllental or Jubiläumsgrat, overnight at Münchener Haus or Knorrhütte. Day 2 Gatterl down to Ehrwalder Alm, Seeebensteig / Tajakante overnight at Coburger Hütte, Day 3 traverse of the Sonnenspitze would be quite a decent little outing
 proandras 05 Apr 2017
In reply to nutme:
In genaral there are not many Dolomites-like ferratas in Tyrol. I mean ferratas which are the basic routes between huts. Rather, they are either kind of climb them in the morning and after go to the next hut or all day long and skip hut next day.
Check Stubaier Höhenweg, shortening to focus on the ferratas. Almost each huts have a via ferrata nearby, within 15 min.
Franz-Senn Hütte: Höllenrachen-Klettersteig, E, 20 m; and Edelweiss Klettersteig C/D, 60 m, a ház mellett
Dresdnerhütte: Fernausteig D, 200 m; or Fernau Express E?, 200 m
Nürbergerhütte: Nürbergerhüttesteig C/D, 90 m
Innsbruckerhütte: Ilmspitze-steig C/D 300 m, and Übungklettersteig D 30 m (it is half day at least)

The Karnischer Höhenweg has a few via ferratas section as well if you.
OP nutme 06 Apr 2017
In reply to AlanLittle:

> Admittedly not starting in Tyrol, but in that general area starting with the Höllental or Jubiläumsgrat, overnight at Münchener Haus or Knorrhütte. Day 2 Gatterl down to Ehrwalder Alm, Seeebensteig / Tajakante overnight at Coburger Hütte, Day 3 traverse of the Sonnenspitze would be quite a decent little outing

I know this one! But slept on station flour rather than in hut. Was amazing trip.
OP nutme 06 Apr 2017
In reply to proandras:

> In genaral there are not many Dolomites-like ferratas in Tyrol. I mean ferratas which are the basic routes between huts. Rather, they are either kind of climb them in the morning and after go to the next hut or all day long and skip hut next day.

Thank you for suggestions. We did stayed in same hut for 2 nights before in Dolomites doing routes which ended up by same place as they started. Suppose it's an option for Austria as well. Added benefit of leaving some things in hut for day
 Toerag 06 Apr 2017
In reply to nutme:

Also check out UKC user Kenr's website from his profile. I'm surprised he's not posted in this thread.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...