UKC

Bouldering grade system discrepancy between UKC and Rockfax app

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 spidermonkey09 04 Apr 2017

Apologies if this has been done to death already, but noticed the other day that the UKC site often uses font grades for boulder problems, but the app uses V grades and then tech grades. I swear I remember the mega thread from a few years ago where it was decided in conjunction with Alan that font grades + British tech was the way forward? Maybe I misunderstood? Anyway, no big deal but thought it was strange. Any info/discussion appreciated.
Post edited at 17:06
In reply to spidermonkey09:

The newer packages on the App are all with font grades. For example, Peak Bouldering is font grades. The older packages may still have some V grades in there although these shouldn't appear in Eastern Grit or Peak Limestone. These will be getting converted but it means we need to update the whole package.

Where are you seeing font grades?

Alan
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

That's very strange. I'm looking at my own logbook and on the site the problems have font grades but on the app logbook page they have V and tech grades. For example, gorilla warfare is f7a on the site and V6 6b on the app logbook. Seems a strange difference. Can supply a screenshot if you need. Not that it matters but thought it was weird!

> That's very strange. I'm looking at my own logbook and on the site the problems have font grades but on the app logbook page they have V and tech grades. For example, gorilla warfare is f7a on the site and V6 6b on the app logbook. Seems a strange difference. Can supply a screenshot if you need. Not that it matters but thought it was weird!

That is very strange. I am not seeing that here. Can you send that screenshot to support [at] rockfax.com

Thanks

Alan

There was a bit of an issue with the UKC servers that caused this. It's now been corrected. At the same time, there was an encoding issue that made certain text characters appear garbled. If you've been affected by either of this issues, the routes on your phone will not automatically update (this is UKC routes we're talking about - not installed rockfax routes from a package you've installed).

To update the UKC routes in your logbook on your phone or tablet, you will need to go to:

Home -> My Account -> Log out of UKC

then

Home -> My Account -> Clear Logbook From Device

then log in again. This will update all the routes using the new UKC data.
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Hi Stephen
Just got round to trying this but afraid it didn't work. Will try uninstalling and reinstalling the app at some point and see if that helps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...