UKC

Please help me ID fab ancient lowe alpine smock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mattilda 05 Apr 2017

Bought this off ebay, am utterly besotted by its retro practical goodness (see item 252829545839)

Used to have a red lowe mtn jacket the same period, but don't remember ever seeing the smocks in the shops.

Going to use this as my everyday climbing jacket until it falls to bits. Am kind of mystified why we don't have more smock designs from people like Mountain Equipment etc. Know buffalo are well established (love mine, but find it too hot for climbing) they seem so practical when wearing a harness, somewhere to put a guidebook, accessible vents rather than pit zips, super comfy etc
Post edited at 20:04
OP Mattilda 05 Apr 2017
In reply to Mattilda:

Should add that if the likes of ME/Jottnar etc are reading, more than happy to design some funky smocks for you, charge out rate is £80/hr and can do it for a lump sum or as a percentage of the obviously huge profits you would get from my designs...............
 bouldery bits 05 Apr 2017
In reply to Mattilda:
Buffalo active lite?

http://www.buffalosystems.co.uk/products/active-lite-shirt/

Doesn't answer you Q but is awesome.

I am also a fan of the smock.
Much better shape than a jacket for use in the mountains IMHO.

I recently purchased a Crux Torq smock as hardshell and couldn't be happier with it.
Post edited at 23:00
OP Mattilda 06 Apr 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

Nice! Buffalo kit is stunning. Wish they did the special six in different colours, for me it's either army or waltish depending if you are in the forces or not, used to have one but got rid of it as it was so green, but such a top piece of kit.

I used to have an ancient orange ventile style nylon smock when I was tiny, used to go out in the rain just to experience the weather, was wonderful.

I wonder if the predominance of jackets rather than smocks is because a lot of sales are to people who might not wear them on a mtn or in serious weather and selling a smock would have a small market?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...