UKC

Advice needed- MSR tents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stew1803 07 Apr 2017
Hi all

I'm looking to buy a good quality tent around the £400 mark, and nothing heavy the hubba hubba nx is as heavy as I really want to go. I've always used tarps, but am starting to need a tent due to friends coming along.

I'm looking at the MSR Hubba Hubba NX or the Freelite 2 as both cost about the same. The hubba hubba is heavier but is it really worth the extra weight? as both will be used with a ground sheet underneath anyway.

The tent will be used in three seasons, and the occasional calm winter day when possible.

Any recommendations on which one or even a better alternative is appreciated greatly.

Stew
 RyanH 08 Apr 2017
In reply to Stew1803:
I own the hubba hubba nx and find it more than light enough, I personally don't think you need to gram pinch if your only going to use it in this country, but that is my opinion.It is durable and is quick and easy to assemble. I also use it with a ground sheet which for me is a must. If you want any more info give me a message
In reply to RyanH:

Hubbahubba is a fantastic Tent, Ive had a few over the years currently have the Hp & Nx versions, Go up in 5Mins easily and pitch super nice with only 6pegs! Plenty of Room palatial for one, the Nx Is nice for 3 Season use, handy roll back the fly feature! I'd go for the Green fly as the light Grey let's a lot of light in! I use mine with the Msr Footprint still makes it about 1.9kg
I love Msr Kit & the Customer service is Fantastic!
I set mine on fire Accidentaly in Knoydart trying to brew inside, midges where killing me! The heat burst my Thermarest and pot toppled at 6am clearly was half Sleeping
Tent was brand new first use!! Msr took a Sympathetic view!! And fixed it free of charge

OP Stew1803 08 Apr 2017
Thank you both for the replies.

Glad to hear the Hubba Hubba is a good option as I bought it last night (Came with the groundsheet for free)

I bought the grey/white colour which im hoping wasn't a bad move, but light getting in isn't too much of a worry, I can sleep through most things!

hopefully will be getting good use of it as soon as im back home from offshore.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...