UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: West Face of Sentinel - The Legacy Project

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Apr 2017
Sentinel, 4 kbThis week's Friday Night Video features Kevin Jorgeson and Ben Rueck making the first free ascent of the West Face of Sentinel in Yosemite Valley, California. Tom Frost and Yvon Chouinard claimed the first ascent of the route in 1960 - the third of the Yosemite 'Golden Age' big wall climbs, after the Northwest Face of Half Dome in 1957, and The Nose of El Cap in 1958. Kevin and Ben return as part of a 'Legacy Project' to free this historic route.Read more
 petemeads 08 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Great to see this free-climbed at last, also cheering to see there is still only one piece of pro in the wide crack pitch! Is there really no other UKC user who has done this route?
 Fraser 08 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

That was excellent!
 olddirtydoggy 08 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

WOOOOOOOOOO! YEH! Really? Great climbers, good vid but what was with that music and shouting?
 jon 09 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

Yes, great little video. How to fearlessly succeed in the face of adversity - apart from Kevin's problems with his poisonous breakfast, he had to contend with the wrong dyno engrams which were obviously still switched to horizontal... great!
 john_mx 09 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I enjoyed this, grate film
 Marco Plebani 10 Apr 2017
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

I was thinking about that too. The little screams from the top made to the benefit of the cameras, saying stuff along the lines of "it's a moment I will never forget"... They sound fake and unnecessary.
 jon 10 Apr 2017
In reply to Marco Plebani:

> The little screams from the top made to the benefit of the cameras (...) They sound fake and unnecessary.

Just turn the sound off and put a Rick Astley track on.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...