UKC

Lofoten - sleeping at Narvik Airport.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi !

I'm planning my trip back from the Lofoten Islands.
Has anyone spent a night camping near Narvik airport? It closes at night, so no sleeping in the waiting area (but maybe in front without a tent !?). It seems on google earth like there is plenty of space around, but not sure about where are the boundaries and how far I would have too walk to get out of the airport land. Any guess ?

Thanks !
Cécile

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 07 Apr 2017
In reply to Cecilewannaclimb:

We haven't flown from there (only dropped folks off) but if it is like Bodo they may lock you in for the night.
The whole area is forest and lakes - I guess that you could sleep anywhere - though the car park might be your best bet

Chris
 Andy Nisbet 07 Apr 2017

I think, rather like Scotland, that wild camping is allowed as long as you are a sensible distance from houses etc.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 07 Apr 2017
In reply to Andy Nisbet:
> I think, rather like Scotland, that wild camping is allowed as long as you are a sensible distance from houses etc.

That would be 150m I believe - and there are no houses there anyway,

Chris
Post edited at 21:43
 Andy Nisbet 07 Apr 2017
In reply to Chris Craggs:

I probably read it in your book?
 Robert Durran 07 Apr 2017

I've camped about half a mile along the road towards Narvik where you can pull off the road at a track into the woods.
In reply to Robert Durran:

Thanks all !
Yeah, you can camp anywhere in Norway as long as it's 150 m minimum from houses, but I thought that maybe camping on airport lands was not allowed for security reason.
I contacted them, and got the answer that the area near the check in was staying open, so I should be able to sleep there !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...