UKC

Brecon Beacons Trad and Multipitch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 O'Donopoo 08 Apr 2017
Hi, I'm going to the Brecon Beacons with a couple of friends for two days. My friend wants to take a photo of him hanging off the diving board on Fan Y Big for some reason so we're spending a day in the hills but wanted to spend the other day climbing. Is there anywhere around the area with potential for easier multi-pitch routes? If not, we'll be heading back in the Swindon direction so could be potential for something in that direction
 GridNorth 08 Apr 2017
In reply to todo1998:

There is no climbing that I am aware of in the Brecon Beacons although there are a few sport quarries nearby.

Your best bet for multi-pitch is either Wintours Leap near Chepstow or the Avon Gorge in Bristol.

Al
 cwarby 08 Apr 2017
In reply to todo1998:

There's some stuff at Crickhowell (Llangatock). Looked at it years ago, wouldn't make a specific trip there, but OK if you're that way.
Chris
 GridNorth 08 Apr 2017
In reply to cwarby:

Well spotted Chris, I had totally forgotten about that.

Al
Moley 08 Apr 2017
In reply to todo1998:

Sort of in the area there's the old quarries by us at llyn Brianne, Llyn Brianne (Carmarthenshire)

I'm not a climber so don't ask me anything technical as i haven't a clue. Rarely see anyone there as it's a little out the way - but i can recommend our local pub!
 timjones 08 Apr 2017
In reply to Moley:

> Sort of in the area there's the old quarries by us at llyn Brianne, Llyn Brianne (Carmarthenshire)I'm not a climber so don't ask me anything technical as i haven't a clue. Rarely see anyone there as it's a little out the way - but i can recommend our local pub!

This area is probably best described as a character building climbin experience!

I guess that the description of the rock quality as variable implies that someone has found something reasonable there
 summo 08 Apr 2017
In reply to todo1998:

If I was going to head south from Brecon ridge area, I would either spend a couple of hours at the gap or penalta. It really depends on what grade or rock type you like. There is not much multi pitch unless you head to either wintours or ogmore.
 Billg 10 Apr 2017
In reply to todo1998:
Try Gilwern. Gilwern East or ,a little further away , Tirpentwys
All worth a day if you're here and don't want to travel.
Post edited at 00:02

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...