UKC

Tenby/Lydstep area - Beach Bouldering info please.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Wise Old Elf 11 Apr 2017
So, SWMBO has booked us a week in a Caravan at Lydstep this summer. I'm new to bouldering, and keen to get in some real boulder problems whilst we're down there, having only really climbed indoors so far.

I don't want to have to ditch the family for too long, so will be limited to beaches where the wife and kids can play while I slope off for a bit. Also, I'll be predominantly looking for low-level stuff with nice landing areas (ideally onto sand), as i won't have a spotter or mat with me.

So, am I asking too much, or can anyone suggest a good place to look....

As an aside - I see that Tenby Climbing Wall has a boulder room - anyone have any experience of this, as might get to go there if we have a rainy day?
In reply to The Wise Old Elf:

I live about a mile from lydstep. I'm not really into bouldering but i think there are probably a few things you could do at the south end of lydstep beach. There are some possibilities on the beach at tenby as well but you will have to go very early in the morning or put up with lots of kids asking you what you are doing and parents telling them not to copy you.
I'm much more keen on the great deep water soloing half a mile from lydstep. Easy low level stuff or hard scary stuff, and everything in between. Get in touch if you'd like me to show you some of that.

I could show you the easy low level stuff and point you at the hard scary stuff.
 spenser 11 Apr 2017
In reply to The Wise Old Elf:
Some topos here:
Tenby South Beach#photos
I visited with just a pair of rockboots while working down there a couple of years ago, wasn't too impressed and the landing wasn't great at the time (could easily have deep sand over it by now though, who knows).
In reply to spenser:

Thanks for that - looks just what I was after, and i guess i could pile up some extra sand as necessary to improve the landing
In reply to mountain.martin:

> I'm much more keen on the great deep water soloing half a mile from lydstep... Get in touch if you'd like me to show you some of that. I could show you the easy low level stuff and point you at the hard scary stuff.

Thanks - it's a kind offer and I'll give you a shout if I'm feeling brave.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...