UKC

Torrevieja Sport Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chloe 11 Apr 2017
Hello all,

I have been to Costa Blanca climbing many times, however I have never been down as far as Torrevieja. My friend has somewhere I can stay there so I am wondering if anyone knows the best sport climbing in that area no more than an hour away?

I climb up to 7c on redpoint, looking for grade ranges from 6b-7c.

Thanks

lithos 11 Apr 2017
In reply to Chloe:

not far from the crags of Orihuela - you can use the logbooks map on here to get info on the crags
i havent been for 9 years or so and can comment on your grades but looks like lots to go at, all it a short drive.
In reply to Chloe:

Plenty to try at El Rut in Redovan, just along from La Pancha (which is in Rockfax, El Rut isn't). A bit of research on the internet will find you a topo. Callosa del Segura near Orihuela (and Redovan) has routes in your grade range. La Panocha near Murcia is also good.
 David Mora 14 Apr 2017
In reply to Chloe:

Hi Choloe,
El Rut: Plenty of mid grade routes but some of them really nice. Some 6b-7a really nice, vertical wall and sustained.
La Pancha: Multi-pitch and 1st pitches climbable like sport climbing. Sport climbing. Better during the morning.
Callosa Segura: Cementery sector. Mid grade the right side and harder on the left. Nice 6c's and others a little bit harder.
El Valle: Shade. Circus sector with some of the best routes in soth Alicante.
Raiguero: Long routes (close to 35-40m). sport climbing and grades between 6b and 8a.

David Mora
Mountain Guide
 Lucian 18 Apr 2017
In reply to Chloe:

Hi Chloe,

The only one I know in the area that is not an oven already is Mula, where you can move between a canyon with nice wind and reasonable temperature even in the summer, and a reservoir to dip in if you want, to more open walls in the afternoons when the sun is softer. Nice range, from a few polished 6a and short 6b to tons of 6c-7b.

In Rut, La Pancha and classic Orihuela you will bake in April already. Orihuela has a less known sector, El Bovedon, with a good 6c to warm up and then maybe 6-7 routes in 7a+ to 8a+ good routes, small cave.

Hondon de las Nieves / Fondo de Neus is still in 1 hour drive and has shade from 2pm. Short routes, from 6a to 7a, good to keep you busy for 2-3 days if that's all that the weather allows. Croquis appear as Sierra de Enmedio.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...