UKC

Cheddar Gorge North - Where to go

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
CrowdLeader 11 Apr 2017

Im looking for some advice (other than buy the guide book - although i know thats a good idea) on a good place to climb at Cheddar Gorge North where we can spend more time climbing than setting-up (impatient Londoners you see)

I'm taking a group of friends with very mixed abilities, so ideally would like to set up a top-rope that can provide a few different climbs with the hardest being 6a/6b and the easiest being fairly close to a ladder.
Alternatively somewhere that i could rig up two top-ropes with either end of a 60m rope (belayer on the tail so they dont get affected by the pulley meaning climbs would need to be less than 10m.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

Dave

Edit - PS we are going April Bank Holiday. Ive no idea how busy it gets and from when so further recommendation relating to that would also be helpful
Post edited at 17:20
 ianlaw 11 Apr 2017
In reply to CrowdLeader:

Arch Rock or Overshoot Wall...

You may make yourself quite unpopular toproping on a BH weekend, and there's not much that's like a ladder at Cheddar.

FCQ is slabby and quiet, with some nice TRable routes. You'd need to lead them first though (trad).

Wyndcliff Quarry has lots of easy sport, just past Chepstow in Wye Valley, plenty like a ladder there.

Hope that helps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...