/ Old Man of Hoy, July 2017

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Dylan JCB - on 14 Apr 2017
I'm a US climber traveling in Scotland for two weeks in July. I'll be in Orkney the first week, and would love to slip away from my family for a day and climb the Old Man of Hoy.

I'm comfortable leading 5.8 trad, and could push myself to 5.9. I climb 5.11 sport climbs. I've got plenty of multi-pitch experience. I won't be traveling with climbing gear, though I can bring shoes, harness and other personal gear.

I'd prefer to climb with an experience local climber. I looked into hiring a guide, but the price just didn't make sense. I'd consider climbing with a newer climber if we correspond first.

I'll buy the post-climb beer, and chip in for petrol.

Email me at djcbuffum at hot mail dot com with suggestions or connections.

Thanks!

Dylan
Dylan JCB - on 19 Apr 2017
In reply to Dylan JCB:

Bump.
Dylan JCB - on 16 May 2017
Bump.
Dylan JCB - on 11 Jun 2017
In reply to Dylan JCB:

Bump
Dylan JCB - on 13:45 Wed
In reply to Dylan JCB:

Still looking for a partner. Anyone?
Frank the Husky - on 14:00 Wed
In reply to Dylan JCB: It's such a shame you can't find anyone, and that the Orkney Climbing Club are so inactive/disinterested.

Best of luck!

ads.ukclimbing.com
CurlyStevo - on 15:28 Wed
In reply to Dylan JCB:

Do you know what US grade the old man of hoy would be. A straight grade table conversion puts it at 5:10b I think, but I guess the USA grades cracks more stiffly so it could be a lower US grade than that? AFAIK its not sustained at the grade though and most pitches are easier.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.