UKC

Camera battery drain? help please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 17 Apr 2017

My compact camera (fuji XP61) drains its battery in about 2 days if I leave it (switched off of course). Ive tried removing the battery and leaving it and its fine, so I know its not a charging issue. I did google the problem and only came across opening the case and blowing out any dust, which i did, but it was quite clean inside which I expected with it being a waterproof camera.
Can anybody suggest anything I can do other than leave the battery out and reset the settings each time?
Thanks.
Post edited at 19:56
 Stu Tyrrell 17 Apr 2017
In reply to The Potato:

Does it have wi-fi/gps, if so turn that off as well? I dont know the camera, just a thought.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 17 Apr 2017
In reply to The Potato:

How old is the battery - maybe it just died?

Chris
OP The Potato 18 Apr 2017
no wifi/gps
battery is new, if it were old or faulty it would drain whether in the camera or not

Keep em coming please
 wbo 18 Apr 2017
In reply to The Potato: Any evidence damp?

OP The Potato 18 Apr 2017
In reply to wbo:

no, but i was actually thinking of opening it again and leaving it on the radiator, good suggestion ta
 CasWebb 18 Apr 2017
In reply to The Potato:

Some Fuji kit has a Quick Start Mode which means the camera doesn't truly turn off.
 wilkie14c 18 Apr 2017
In reply to The Potato:

i'm not a camera expert by any means but electronics are my bag. i'm guessing this camera didn't used to drain the battery but the problem had recently manifested itself? if so there is a battery drain while it's switched off and this is most likely caused by a short to ground on the circuit board, water damage perhaps shorting a pos to a neg or a leaking capacitor (leaking a pos feed to ground)
These days schematics for these devices are impossible to find or simply are not available and repair costs are financially unviable.
just switch off by removing battery until such time you get a new camera.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...