/ UKC Logbook Moderator's Thread

Please use this thread to post moderating requests, problem crags and suggestions. If you do post about a crag then please use the Logbooks 'Insert crag link...' box above the reply box so that a link is included which makes things lot easier to sort than if just a crag name is written.

Existing Moderators
If you moderate a crag but find yourself ignoring the update emails, or you have lost interest, or you have moved away then please could you remove yourself as moderator using the button at the base of the crag moderation page. Then reply to this thread with 'Crag Available' and the crag link inserted so that someone else can volunteer.

New Moderators
If you would like to moderate a crag, and feel you could do a better job than the current moderator, then reply to this thread with 'Crag Requested', the crag name and link so that we can arrange a switch if appropriate. We can now add second moderators to crags as well.

Thanks for everyone's help with UKC Logbook moderating. We are aware that this is sometimes a tiresome task and all your efforts are appreciated.

Alan

The previous UKC Moderator thread has got too big and has now been locked. Here it is for reference - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=602132
static266 - on 20 Apr 2017
In reply to Alan James - UKC and UKH:

I released various crags in the Coppermines valley after I left Coniston this winter. Did a bit of work cleaning up but didn't get round to adding all routes. If someone's in the area and has a Dow Crag guide (picked mine up on eBay) then there's some excellent rough esoteric rock about.

Great How Crag
Little How Crag
Kernel Crag
Grey Crag (Coppermines)
Sunlight Crag
Raven Tor (Coppermines)
Toerag - on 20 Apr 2017

Can user Jimaye04 be added as a second moderator to all the Guernsey crags I moderate please? He's currently working on a new guidebook so it makes sense for him to be able to moderate stuff too.
In reply to Toerag:

Done
Toerag - on 20 Apr 2017
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

cool ta
hands solo on 20 Apr 2017

i would like to moderate this crag please if possible Coaley Wood Crag#maps Coaley Wood Crag many thanks
craig h - on 20 Apr 2017

Not sure if this Rob's Rocks can also be called Robs Rocks in a search? Unless you remember the apostrophe it doesn't show in a search. Rob's Rocks#maps

The link to Upper Chew Brook Crags is redundant as all these crags have been recorded individually, no crags, routes or personal recordings made on this link. It could be removed to ease confusion. No match for crag id:942
In reply to hands solo:

> i would like to moderate this crag please if possible Coaley Wood Crag Coaley Wood Crag many thanks

Now added
hands solo on 20 Apr 2017

thanks you are a legand
Rich Kirby - on 21 Apr 2017

Collegats (La Pobla de Segur)

Collegats isn't being kept up to date by the current mod. I have highlighted this to them but nothing has changed....can I be added as a 2nd mod & I'll tidy it up.

Out of interest, How does the star rating/ voting work. .....do the stars eventually ( automatically by the system?) get allocated to the route once there is a certain amount of votes. Equally if a route is consistently voted soft, say a full grade under the grade entered originally, then does the system react to this.....automatically. I'd imagine both of these situations are at the moderators behest.
In reply to Rich Kirby:

> Out of interest, How does the star rating & grade voting work...

Neither of these are automatically updated by the system. Only the crag mo moderators or UKC staff can change them. Any user can suggest an edit though and crag moderator will get an update asking to approve the change.
rlrs on 25 Apr 2017

Please could I be 2nd moderator on this crag:

Angelone - Valsassina

I have been in touch with the existing moderator and he is happy for me to do this.

Related topic: I suggested earlier to rationalise the plethora of "Lecco-something" areas to "Lecco & Como", several have been done but there is still one left, that I can find: "Lecco lago"

Thanks,

Richard
In reply to rlrs:

You've got it.
Frank the Husky - on 26 Apr 2017

Crag requested:

Cown Edge

Cown Edge Rocks

The current moderator doesn't reply to emails so I'd say he's no longer interested.

Big Lee - on 26 Apr 2017

I'd be happy to be a second moderator for these:

Hallinds Klack
The routes are in a random order. There's actually three buttresses in separate locations so it would be good to add the the dividers and sort the ordering out.

Välseröd
Correct spelling is 'Välseröd'. The grades in the logbook are a mixture of UK, Nordic, and Nordic with UK tech grades so it would be good to correct everything to the grades in the fairly recent guidebook.

Mjønes
Holskogen
I added routes to these two crags but they have never been verified. Presume the moderators are no longer active so would be happy to sort.
In reply to Big Lee:

> I'd be happy to be a second moderator for these:

You got them.

Alan
In reply to Frank the Husky:

> Crag requested:Cown Edge Cown Edge RocksThe current moderator doesn't reply to emails so I'd say he's no longer interested.

Added as second moderator.

Alan
Simon Caldwell - on 26 Apr 2017

I've just been into the logbook moderation page, and I've got several updates outstanding on 3 of "my" crags - but I've not had any emails about any of them (I double checked my spam folder to be sure). Is the emailing still working?
jon on 26 Apr 2017

Hi Alan, this is more about the moderator's job. If I add a new route to a crag I can't drag it into the correct position using Edge, I have to use the route numbers, which I find annoying. To drag it I have to use Chrome, which I've got but don't like. Any chance of fixing this? Thanks.
Ally Smith on 26 Apr 2017

Please add me as moderator to St Tudnos - either as sole moderator (spoken with Luke and he's got no problem with that) or as joint moderator.

Ta muchly
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Hi Simon, I'll have a dig and see if I can see what the problem is there.
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

The emails should be working again.
In reply to Ally Smith:

> Please add me as moderator to St Tudnos - either as sole moderator (spoken with Luke and he's got no problem with that) or as joint moderator.Ta muchly

Done
In reply to jon:

Hi Jon, I've just tried it in Edge version `14 and it looks to work OK so I've enabled drag'n'drop for that version and above.
jon on 26 Apr 2017

Great, it works fine. Thanks.
ads.ukclimbing.com
craig h - on 26 Apr 2017
Just popping this one up again, as feel it makes sense. To find Rob's Rocks is not an easy task. Upper Chew Brook Crags is redundant too. Links on initial post.

"Not sure if this Rob's Rocks can also be called Robs Rocks in a search? Unless you remember the apostrophe it doesn't show in a search. Rob's Rocks#maps

The link to Upper Chew Brook Crags is redundant as all these crags have been recorded individually, no crags, routes or personal recordings made on this link. It could be removed to ease confusion. Upper Chew Brook Crags."
In reply to craig h:

Hi Craig, I missed this in the other thread.

I've deleted Upper Chew Brook Crags.

Both Rob's Rocks or Robs Rocks will work in the search now.
Just Tintin - on 01 May 2017

Crag available: Harborough Rocks

Davidwi - on 06 May 2017

Crag requested.
Wilton 3

I'd like to update this crag. Have messaged the moderator but he is perhaps busy. Don't mind helping out at second moderator.
If the moderator hasn't the time I don't mind moderating this crag.
In reply to Davidwi:

You've got it, although everything looks to be up to date.
AliGilmour - on 10 May 2017

Crag requested: Struie Hill Crag

Struie Hill Crag

Have added descriptions for all the routes but moderator hasn't updated, maybe he's busy but would be happy just to be a second moderator

Cheers
PLM - on 10 May 2017
Crag Requested.
https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=17822

Happy to be a second moderator just to sort these out.

Thanks
Post edited at 17:30
In reply to AliGilmour and PLM:

You both got those now

Alan
SenzuBean - on 10 May 2017

Suggestion: UI change to show whether a route is trad or sport for routes graded with YDS grades.
e.g. Dog Day Afternoon (5.9) - how is one supposed to know from that page?
rhudson on 10 May 2017

Larrick Woods

I went here today and added a few problems. I was wondering if I could moderate this crag as it's nearby and the descriptions need sorting out. I don't think that the moderator is active at the moment. Happy to be corrected if that is the case.
Rich
In reply to rhudson:

You've got it.
In reply to SenzuBean:

This is on the ToDo list. Cheers, Paul.
SenzuBean - on 17 May 2017

> This is on the ToDo list. Cheers, Paul.

Awesome thanks
Andy Chubb - on 19 May 2017

I have been in touch with Dan, the moderator for Leonidio, and he is happy for me to become a second moderator for the area.

Thanks
In reply to Andy Chubb:

Leonidio added you as second moderator.

Alan
rhudson on 20 May 2017

Thanks
TimB - on 20 May 2017

Claret

Not sure how this has happened, but this buttress name is correct in the RF database, and missing an 'o' in the ukc logbook : https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/modbuttress.php?id=28410

A small thing, but it makes the difference between a Manu Chao song and a device for smoking dope. Although both are probably appropriate for the history of the crag, could you change "Bong" to "Bongo" on ukc please?
Captain Solo on 28 May 2017
Crag requested

Hell's Lum

Needs a bit of work
BelleVedere on 21 Jun 2017

Crag Request

Path Crag

Cheers
In reply to BelleVedere:

> Crag Request

Added as second moderator

Alan
kristian - on 23 Jun 2017

Excalibur (7b+) Water-cum-Jolly

Hi, I have reported a major grade discrepancy on numerous occasions to change the grade and description of this route as it is now fully bolted. Still syncing to Rockfax and shows E6 etc.

The Day of the Long Knives (E6 6b)[crag(10866,"Chee Dale Lower")

Also this is now fully bolted at 7b+

Sorry perhaps the logbook editor has been away or the message wasn't getting through. No rush.
In reply to kristian:

> Hi, I have reported a major grade discrepancy on numerous occasions to change the grade and description of this route as it is now fully bolted. Still syncing to Rockfax and shows E6 etc.

Hi Kris

Thanks for this. Not seen any other reports although I was fully aware of this change. However I wanted to wait until the development on Moat Buttress had finished when I will produce an update for the app package and sync all the new routes and grades across the Rf and UKC databases.

I have updated that route for the time being although this does cause a syncing problem with the app which is why we don't do it instantly every time.

Alan

Thanks Alan
Can't think of much more development possibility, a few perhaps. Your own route Two Sheep has just recently been rebolted and Yeti could be next.
SenzuBean - on 27 Jun 2017

Crag Requested: Murrin Park (looks like there are requests to add routes that date back to September 2016 that are unfulfilled)
ads.ukclimbing.com
mrphilipoldham - on 27 Jun 2017

Crag requested Laddow Rocks. Current moderator banned I think? Lots of climbs on lower tier not listed.
In reply to SenzuBean:

You've got it.
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

You've got it.
Captain Solo on 27 Jun 2017

Crag request
Hell's Lum
needs a bit of work
Frank the Husky - on 27 Jun 2017
In reply to mrphilipoldham: Are you who I think you are? Whatever the case, I fancy another trip up there soon to check out the lower tier. Give me a shout if you're going anytime soon.

mrphilipoldham - on 27 Jun 2017
In reply to Frank the Husky:

That depends on who you think I am, but quite possibly! I'm away 1st-13th July and nothing on the work front that'd be too intrusive but pretty flexible outside those dates so I'm up for a trip whenever the weather plays ball.
GrahamUney - on 27 Jun 2017

Crags requested:

Black Crag (Borrowdale)
Quayfoot Buttress (Borrowdale)

Also, can someone amend the name of Leopard's Crawl on Dow Crag so that it comes up properly in searches?

Many thanks,

Graham
13n480 - on 28 Jun 2017

Can the following routes currently shown in the crag North Glash, be moved to the crag The Red Tower Area, under a new buttress The Sea-Quarries.

Hobnobs
Django
The Great Traverse
Not So Bad
Not So Good
South Buttress Direct
Left Edge Route

(These are not new routes, and are recorded in the guide North East Outcrops.)
PeteWilson on 28 Jun 2017

Crag request Bosley Cloud Bosley Cloud

John Read has moved up north and asked me to take over moderating but hasn't got around to making the swap yet
rlrs on 14 Jul 2017

Could I be added as joint moderator to this crag please:

Melchsee Frutt

There are about 100 or so climbs to be added, and I feel that the existing moderator (who I have engaged with in correspondence from time to time) has contributed enough with his superb photographs already, and should be spared on this occasion such drudgery.
In reply to Captain Solo:

You've got it.
In reply to GrahamUney:

You've got them and I've sorted Leopard's Crawl.

Can you use the crag/climb links in the post in future please?

Black Crag (Borrowdale)
Quayfoot Buttress
In reply to PeteWilson:

You've got it.
In reply to rlrs:

You've got it.
Spengler on 01 Aug 2017

Can I get added as the 2nd moderator on Pen Trwyn. Some retrobolting/NWL guide etc updates needed.

Thanks,
In reply to Spengler:

You've got it Pen Trwyn
Will Hunt - on 03 Aug 2017

Can I have joint moderatorship of the Ilkley Buckstones? I'd like to update the names in line with the new guide.
Andy Moles - on 04 Aug 2017

Not a moderator issue per se, but I can't find the Rätikon or any of the routes there in the logbooks. I could have sworn I have before, has the crag been deleted or am I missing it somehow? It seems unlikely somewhere so famous was never added.
Luke90 on 12 Aug 2017

Please could I be joint moderator on Iron Age Fort in Pembrokeshire? It's out of order, has loads of unconfirmed additions and grades need updating to reflect a more recent guide.
Giles Davis - on 12 Aug 2017

Hi Alan,

Just letting you know that the "Carbon Slab" at Rhossili Upper Crags has two entries in the log books. One is under the title "Carbon Slab" and the other is under "Trial Wall Area". Is it possible you could combine the two under (I would suggest) the "Trial Wall Area" crag and alert the guy who is currently the "Carbon Slab" moderator? I think he or someone else has added Carbon Slab as a separate crag as they were unaware that it was under Trial Wall Area.

Cheers
Giles
cat22 - on 18:35 Tue

Crag requested: Donner Summit

Needs many climbs to be approved and subdividing into separate crags.
kristian - on 11:00 Wed

Warhead (E3 6a) Water-cum-Jolly

Sox (E5 6a) Water-cum-Jolly

La Route (E4 6a) Water-cum-Jolly

Egyptian Bizarre (E5 6b) Chee Dale Lower

The Day of the Long Knives (E6 6b) Chee Dale Lower

All these routes have had their old bolts and fixed gear replaced by the Peak Bolt Fund.
I have tried on numerous occasions to change the grade of these lines and a couple of the lines are getting a lot of attention.
I am aware you have had problems syncing with the app.
In reply to cat22:

You've got it.
In reply to Luke90:

You got it. Can you insert the logbook link next time please? Iron Age Fort

Thanks, Paul.
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to Giles Davis:

I've merged that into Trial Wall Area Thanks
Luke90 on 13:45 Wed

Thanks. Sorry for the lack of link.
In reply to Andy Moles:

Hi Andy, I'm afraid I've never heard of it. I can't find anything matching a similar spelling.
Andy Moles - on 16:50 Wed

Silbergeier, WoGu...? And some cool stuff for normal humans. Doesn't matter, if I want it I can add it.
jon on 17:02 Wed
In reply to Andy Moles:

Probably under the name of one of the peaks rather than the Rätikon range. Try Kirchlispitze?
Luke90 on 22:46 Wed

I've updated Iron Age Fort as much as I can.

Can I also suggest that Arch Zawn should be deleted? The most recent guide (2016 Pembroke Rock) treats Arch Zawn as a buttress of Iron Age Fort, which seems logical given the shared approach. Iron Age Fort's listing on UKC includes all the Arch Zawn routes whereas the current Arch Zawn listing only includes a couple of them (unconfirmed and only logged by one person each).
DerwentDiluted - on 07:49 Thu

Could you look into this apparent duplication;

Rocking Stones/Crow Stones and Crow Stones

I currently moderate the latter.
kristian - on 22:29 Thu
In reply to kristian:

> All these routes have had their old bolts and fixed gear replaced by the Peak Bolt Fund.

> I have tried on numerous occasions to change the grade of these lines and a couple of the lines are getting a lot of attention.

> I am aware you have had problems syncing with the app.

Anyone like to reply to this? Would at least like to know that it has been noted.