UKC

insurance for 3 month climbing europe - legal cover essential?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 iank 20 Apr 2017
We are having 3 month trip to Europe climbing, and you would think we were asking for insurance to go to the moon. Being 67yrs old does not help.
We are members of the Austrian Alpine Club, which will cover rescue and medical for 8 weeks, and then we would purchase their extension to cover days 57 onwards. There is just about enough cover on our house insurance to cover theft from the van, and as we are retired, cancellation cover we can do without.
The only thing missing is legal cover in case we drop a rock on someone's head or something. Is this important in Europe?
Thanks

Howard J 20 Apr 2017
In reply to iank:

AAC insurance includes public liability.
 Jack B 20 Apr 2017
In reply to iank:

> The only thing missing is legal cover in case we drop a rock on someone's head or something.

I think that's "Public Liability" not legal cover, and I think you'll have that through the AAC. Legal cover would normally mean that if someone else drops a rock on your head, then your insurer will help pay a lawyer to sue them. Or the insurer or landowner or whoever you want compensation from. Not very useful IMO.
OP iank 24 Apr 2017
In reply to iank:

Thanks, i had no thought through the difference between legal liability and legal insurance.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...