UKC

video idea: drone-shot Cromlech solos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 swjk 22 Apr 2017
At the start of Moffatt's book he describes his great day soloing Cromlech classics. It sounds well impressive... and it is, but there's no footage obv.

I don't know if lots of present-day top climbers solo at those grades but I guess so? McHaffie, McCloud etc. Anyway, I'd love to see a vid of those routes done solo and I expect I'm not alone.

So come on, top climbers reading this, what are you waiting for? Doesn't have to be in E.B's, long white socks, tiny shorts, Rambo headband etc but bonus points if it is.
In reply to swjk:
Dave Mac is known for hard headpoints, not soloing, i think most soloists would prefer to go about their buisness without the added pressure of performing for an audience, remaining focussed and without distractions.

Plenty of footage of Alex Honnold, he seems rather game and very relaxed.
Post edited at 21:43
 Alex Riley 22 Apr 2017
In reply to Andy Clarke1965:

What's wrong with Eric Jones live beeb broudcast of cemetery gates?
 kevin stephens 22 Apr 2017
In reply to swjk:
When I'm climbing on the Cromlech the last thing I want is a f*cking drone buzzing around
 ianstevens 22 Apr 2017
In reply to kevin stephens:

When I'm flying my drone [sic, UAV please] around the Cromlech, the last thing is want is f*cking climbers in the way of my pictures
 Cusco 22 Apr 2017
In reply to swjk:

Done years ago. See the old Jimmy Jewel film footage on him solo on Left Wall. Amazing. Especially as he soloed it (was it 8 times?) in a row to provide the footage.
OP swjk 22 Apr 2017
In reply to Cusco:

Cool! Googling has found me this: '80s Extreme' https://steepedge.com/categories/fell-trail-ultra-running-films-movies/fell... but if there's youtube etc I can't see it.

Mostly 'meh' responses to this so far. Guess you lot will not click on the link when you see it.... maybe you prefer 'random euro 8c on-sight' type of vids. Impressive, but not something I'd generally bother with.

duchessofmalfi 22 Apr 2017
In reply to kevin stephens:

"last thing I want is a f*cking drone buzzing around"

Absolutely!

OP stop living your life via youtube and go something real. The pass does not need annoying ______ flying toys.
Lusk 22 Apr 2017
In reply to swjk:

I'm more than happy for you to come and shoot some drone footage of me top-roping Flying Buttress naked, apart from a gimp mask and a furry jock strap.
Removed User 23 Apr 2017
In reply to swjk:

I wouldn't be too bothered, the footage would look awesome and the buzzing would be no different from the cars in the pass below.
 slab_happy 23 Apr 2017
In reply to swjk:

> Guess you lot will not click on the link when you see it....

Some of us already own the DVD, thanks very much ...

Seriously, if you're looking to see classic routes soloed beautifully, it's totally worth the rental/purchase price from SteepEdge just for the Jimmy Jewell film, even if none of the other films in the bundle interest you (kayaking is not my thing, personally). Gorgeous, breathtaking film.

No drones or Rambo headbands, but otherwise it might be exactly what you're looking for. *g*

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...