UKC

Grade 1 - 2 Scrambles from/near Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jafferton91 23 Apr 2017
I am visiting Chamonix at the end of next month (May) and am trying to scope out some nice scrambles or hikes around the area that don't require going near a glacier. I would be grateful to hear any suggestions?
 Solaris 23 Apr 2017
 hoolabloom 24 Apr 2017
In reply to jafferton91:

Les Mottets

Just back from Chamonix we did the Via Corda alpina which is a very nice route that starts in les Bois. Fun scramble away from anything glacial and great views of the Aguille Rouges and Mt Blanc.

It's meant to be bolted however someone has removed nearly all of the bolt hangars. Not an issue as there are plenty of trees. Would be worth taking a very small rack to make life easier. That said we achieved it with just a couple of slings.

3 other routes in the vicinity that are shorter but bit more difficult.

The via ferrata in Passy is also a good way to spend a couple of hours. Kit available for hire in Chamonix
 funalps 01 May 2017
In reply to jafferton91:
Hi, You could check out the "fundays" page on the " Funalps.com " site on the Alpine Club, ( http://www.alpine-club.org.uk/funalps/ , pdf reader needed,) though quite a few of the routes listed involve some driving.
It is my intention to put together a more comprehensive, free, online guidebook of scrambles in the Chamonix area this Summer, as I believe there is a growing demand for non-suicidal, soleable outings. Any feedback would be most welcome!
Post edited at 11:11

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...