UKC

NEWS: Adam Ondra & Patxi Usobiaga vs The project

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Apr 2017
Adam Ondra on The Project, 3 kbThis weekend Adam Ondra and Patxi Usobiaga visited Klättercentret Stockholm for a Black Diamond event with slideshows, workshops and, of course attempts on The Project.

The Project is a permanent route at Klättercentret Telefonplan which everyone who knows how to lead...

Read more
 stp 24 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:

I think the project is really interesting and while I don't want to take away from that as a very valid news item I think Ondra's last day in in Italy really deserves a separate news item too.

He redpointed a 9a+ FA (his third day on it) and then did another 9a FA on his fourth try. This is on the back the other two incredible days just before. In total he did 6 grade 9 routes in four days which surely smashes any previous record for hard routes in a short time by a mile.

First day
Queen Line 9b FA
Ultimatum - 9a+

Second day
rest day?

Third day
Lapsus 9b
Perfect Man 2.0 - 9a 2nd go

Fourth day
Naturalmente - 9a+ FA
La Terza Eta - 9a FA 4th go

That's truly a jaw-dropping achievement, completely unprecedented.
In reply to stp:

I agree of course, utterly mind blowing! The reason it didn't get a separate news item is that we already wrote about his two previous days (9b + 9a+ & 9b + 9a). But yeah, maybe you're right
 Kees 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Is there now an overview somewhere about who reached how far? Did Adam get further then the previous guys?
 La benya 25 Apr 2017
In reply to UKC News:
I may be stupid, but I cant work out from the article what the rules are or who is in the lead. how may goes do people get? how much practice? whats the high point? where Adam got to, where is that in relation to the grade?
I watched the live feed but the sound was terrible and the commentary was pretty void of any real substance other than 'Venga' being shouted alot
 teapot 25 Apr 2017
In reply to La benya:

I am by no means an expert on The Project, but the rules are i believe - you can try it as often as you want and have as many goes as you want and as much practice as you want. The high point is currently Ondra and he thinks the section to the lip is 9B, although the current high point is somewhat below that so i guess around 8C/9A. I only saw Ondra's first attempt so he could have gone a few moves further. The visiting Wads seem to be having a few hours practice on one day, then two live attempts each. I assume they would love Ondra to come back, although i assume he will not be prioritising this route.
 stp 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Kees:

He got just a very little bit further than Stefano Ghisolfi, so he's now in the lead. Didn't make it to the lip of the roof.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...