UKC

Camping / rooms in Northern Spain in October without booking?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Red Rover 24 Apr 2017
I'm going to be on a road trip through northern spain between bilbao and santiago in the first 2 weeks of october. Ideally I'd like to be able to camp or stay in cheap b and b style rooms without having to book more than a day or so in advance as I like the freedom of being able to go anywhere on the day. After some googling there is plenty of accommodation in that part of spain but what's it like in early October, will there be plenty of places still open and ok to put you up without a booking? What is the situation like for hostels/b&b s, are they relatively cheap compared to England?

Thanks
J1234 24 Apr 2017
In reply to Red Rover:

There is a network of cheap hostels for the pilgrimage, obvioulsy proper pilgrims will get firts dibs, however I would very much doubt they would turn anyone away if they had room. On the whole we found the area great value for money. Food comes in huge portions and sharing a main is very accepatble but seems odd to us brits, which makes eating out cheap. We found accomodation cheap also.
ie A lovely little en suite room in Santalina Del Mar about 39€ for two, no brekkie.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...