/ Found Rucksack Buachaille Carpark Glencoe

BruceM - on 24 Apr 2017
Saturday 22 April 2017 found rucksack left on seat at Buachaille Etive Mor carpark.

No ID onboard, but contents show signs of group activities, so presumably somebody got a bit carried away with the after-walk banter and forgot to retrieve pack before driving off. Also carpark was extremely packed earlier in day so perhaps easier to miss.

The pack has an Easyjet To-Edinburgh flight tag attached. So could be from somebody from out of town. Although, this could be old.

Get in touch if you know anybody who might have forgotten this.

(It sat there on the seat at least 1.5 hours after it had been left before we rescued it [one of us was back at car earlier], so presumably owners headed all the way back to Ed [or wherever], rather than on to Fort Will, else they would have had time to notice and come back for a look.)

Be nice to find the owner.
Flinticus - on 24 Apr 2017
In reply to BruceM:

Have you notified the local police? The owner may contact them, even if lost but also may think it was stolen
BruceM - on 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Flinticus:

Have reported it to Police Scotland.
Jim C - on 25 Apr 2017
In reply to BruceM:

Could well be off one of the organised coach trips that frequent those car parks. I would like to think that the police will follow up that possibility.
ads.ukclimbing.com
BruceM - on 15 May 2017
Good news it seems, with the police letting me know that somebody had picked up the rucksack. I'm sure the owners are happy, although you would never know...

The experience with the police wasn't as good, however, and I certainly wouldn't repeat it! Police Scotland Online service were good, and asked me to take the rucksack down to my local police station.

But when I did, because it wasn't "Glencoe" station, the local cops grumbled and moaned about how much effort this was for them, and I should have taken it to Glencoe instead.

Several times during the hand-in meeting I asked them if they would just prefer that I took the bag away again and held on to it myself. Oh, no, no, grumble, grumble... What a miserable experience!

Next time I would just leave any left items out in the hills and go away much happier.

Police Scotland isn't really "Police Scotland" on the ground it seems. It's still just a disparate bunch of local coppers who just happen to wear the same uniform.

Anyway, I'm glad somebody got their gear back.