UKC

Llanberis pass bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JKinsella 24 Apr 2017
I'm going to be passing through north wales next weekend for non climbing related reasons but I think there is a good chance I'll be able to escape off by myself and get some bouldering done. I've been recommended King of Drunks in the pass as something worth a look and videos look amazing! I don't have the guidebook though, does anyone know if it is easy to find or have advice of how to find it? Or any other recommendations at a similar grade? Parking seems easy enough to locate from UKC. Might also be on the Orme although likely not with much time. Might check out pill box original, which I don't think will be too hard to locate.
 ianstevens 24 Apr 2017
In reply to JKinsella:

> I'm going to be passing through north wales next weekend for non climbing related reasons but I think there is a good chance I'll be able to escape off by myself and get some bouldering done. I've been recommended King of Drunks in the pass as something worth a look and videos look amazing! I don't have the guidebook though, does anyone know if it is easy to find or have advice of how to find it? Or any other recommendations at a similar grade? Parking seems easy enough to locate from UKC. Might also be on the Orme although likely not with much time. Might check out pill box original, which I don't think will be too hard to locate.

Parking in the pass will be a f*cking nightmare as those conquering mount peak summit Snowden will be out in force and will park everywhere and anywhere. Best of luck.

Unfortunately the guide is out of print, but if you let me know what areas you want I can take some pictures and send them to you via email (direct message me so I can reply with pictures).
OP JKinsella 24 Apr 2017
In reply to ianstevens:

Thanks that's really helpful!
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 26 Apr 2017
In reply to JKinsella:

I have just checked the logbooks and the boulder marked Utopia on the map is pretty close to where King of Drunks is. Get some images of Utopia, Wavelength boulder and groove boulder and as you walk up the hillside you should be able to find the problem.
OP JKinsella 26 Apr 2017
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Thanks!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...