UKC

Best easily monetised website builder?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Looking to run a blog that in the future could potentially be monetised through ads. The problem seems to be the simpler the website builder (Wix, Wordpress (web version) etc) is that it's not really possible to embed code such as Google Analytics or Adsense. Would prefer a system that isn't super complex for every time I just wanted to post a blog, but also custom code friendly.

Am I asking for too much? Thanks for any advice
 nastyned 24 Apr 2017
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

It's easy with blogger.com

You can embed almost any code quite easily in Wordpress. It's all very user friendly.

To clarify further. In Wordpress it gives you two modes: Visual (which is more or less like replying to a post on UKC) and Text (meaning HTML code), which allows you to paste in any code you like.
Post edited at 22:48
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Do you self-host it and edit in the software or use the web/browser version? The browser option looks easy to use but wordpress.com doesn't allow AdSense embedding. The software version looks very code heavy?

I have my own webspace and use Wordpress.org. It's really hard for me to tell (having designed websites for years) quite how difficult you would find this ... to start with. It's an absolute doddle once you understand a very few basics. What you need to do is find some web-design savvy friend to talk you through the initial stages. I'd certainly say go for Wordpress as one of the best options around now.
 richprideaux 24 Apr 2017

Wordpress.org, pay for hosting and use a premium theme to make integration easier, There was an Adsense plugin but I think it's been pulled. I just embed the adsense code for relevant ad units in the sidebars, footers and so on as required.
In reply to richprideaux:

With Wordpress.org you can choose from literally thousands of 'themes' (= designs). In effect, there are three levels: Wordpress itself, that does all the hard work for you, creating versions automatically that work on all browsers/media of whatever size, and allowing you to edit the content extremely easily. Then there is the level of the theme that gives the website the design/look that you want. Then there is a third level where, if you are remotely computer savvy, you can tweak the look of the website through the CSS (cascading style sheet) code. The beauty of this is that you can make any such changes on a 'child' stylesheet that simply overrides the original while leaving the original intact.
 Big Ger 25 Apr 2017

Another wordpress fan, I've run a blog, and hosting for my photos, music and other stuff, though I've never had anything to do with monetizing it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...