UKC

That's a proper highball

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 25 Apr 2017
youtube.com/watch?v=S_XqoAkkIWw& (5m)

Looks rather scary and very high.
 Lemony 25 Apr 2017
In reply to stp:

They are good pastries...

Great little film, it has to be one of the coolest looking bits of hard climbing around. Techy, powerful bold, dynamic... It's got it all.
 aln 25 Apr 2017
In reply to stp:

That's not bouldering, that's soloing.
OP stp 25 Apr 2017
In reply to aln:

Indeed, it's higher than most grit crags. But I suppose it is on a boulder and it get's boulder problem grade and is climbed with 'bouldering' pads. But yeah, looks much more like soloing to me.

The point that the top half is 'only' 12c got me thinking. That's 7b+, the same as Indian Face.
 FreshSlate 25 Apr 2017
In reply to stp:

Definitely soloing at the top and is done with a soloing mindset. No intention of falling off I'm sure.
 French Erick 25 Apr 2017
In reply to stp:

Whatever it is...it is awesome, inspiring and very intimidating!
 Robert Durran 25 Apr 2017
In reply to stp:

> That's 7b+, the same as Indian Face.

Maybe it's "secure 7b+" rather than "insecure" 7b+.

Jon Read 25 Apr 2017
In reply to Robert Durran:

That was what I was thinking. Still, very very impressive and inspiring. How are ascents of such high highballs in the US (including this one, watched without sound) typically done? Ground-up or 'top-down'?
 Pilo 25 Apr 2017
In reply to stp:

Seems like it would be better to say E8 or something. That would be un American but a V grade for a route? The system in UK is way better . After 25 feet if it's still hard...Give it an E
In reply to Jon Read:
Top roped there are bolt anchors at the top, says so in video, so would this be an E8 headpoint in the UK.

PS. didn't read above post.
Post edited at 22:59
In reply to stp:

Sweet film.

Has this been done ground up, do we know?

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...