UKC

Petzl Rumba 8mm Half Ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
NZClimber12 26 Apr 2017
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these ropes or has anything to say about them. I've looked online but can't seem to find a review anywhere.

I'm thinking of buying myself a pair for a bit of trad and some alpine adventures. Also does anyone know how good Petzl's Duratec Dry treatment is? I assume it doesn't meet UIAA standards or I'm sure they would advertise it.

Cheers
 John Kelly 26 Apr 2017
In reply to NZClimber12:

Mammut Phoenix are really good
NZClimber12 27 Apr 2017
In reply to John Kelly:

Cheers I check them out. I assume you have a pair? How have you found them durability wise?
 dgbryan 27 Apr 2017
In reply to NZClimber12:

A lot of love for the Mammut Phoenix but I wasn't too impressed by their "hand" after about a month of use. Of course getting them chopped about the same time may have prejudiced me.
No experience of the Rumba but a pair of Paso 7.7 seem well-made with a nice tight sheath construction (after admittedly limited use on ice) & not noticeably skinnier than Beal Ice Lines at a nominal 8.1 (& these too are a very nice rope on both rock & ice & pretty durable).
My tupennyha'worth.
Damian
 John Kelly 27 Apr 2017
In reply to NZClimber12:

Used them for about 5years for everything - great, top kit, eventually retired for skinny Stirling rope got deal on (also good)
still using 30m of mammut rope fairly regularly for easy/scrambly stuff, 10 years on, no concerns
I think Phoenix is well loved, good balance, you could ask question on UKC
NZClimber12 27 Apr 2017
In reply to NZClimber12:

Thanks for the input!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...