UKC

Ikea rope bags, the height of fashion.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MikeSP 28 Apr 2017
I saw this
http://www.boredpanda.com/ikea-responds-balenciaga-original-frakta-bag/?utm...
Seems some of us are more fashionable than we thought.
 Xharlie 28 Apr 2017
In reply to MikeSP:

They're the absolute best for transporting muddy boots in a clean car, too. There are always at least two, stashed in my car and I've used them for boots, wet packs, tents, week-old laundry after hikes and just about everything else.
 Mr Trebus 28 Apr 2017
In reply to Xharlie:

> They're the absolute best for transporting muddy boots in a clean car, too. There are always at least two, stashed in my car and I've used them for boots, wet packs, tents, week-old laundry after hikes and just about everything else.

The ones with the zips are even better!
 tjin 28 Apr 2017
I use them to store things at home; sleeping bags, winter gear, etc.

As a rope bag, not that impressive...
 Gone 28 Apr 2017
In reply to MikeSP:

Has anyone managed to wear one out? Mine have had a lot of use but are still looking intact.

I suppose I could poke holes in them for an aesthetically distressed finish, so I could pose as the most hardcore climber on the block.
 AymanC 28 Apr 2017
In reply to Gone:

I've used one for about 3 years, not a single hole yet.
They are the best rope bag ever. Rope never spills over the edges like a normal tarp, and they only cost a fookin quid.
 john arran 28 Apr 2017
In reply to Gone:

We've worn out several - but after repeated use as rubble sacks on trips to the tip I suppose we can't complain.

As rope bags or as general kit bags, they're brilliant.
 althesin 28 Apr 2017
In reply to Mr Trebus:

The yellow ones have the most climber chic.
 Fraser 28 Apr 2017
In reply to john arran:

> As rope bags or as general kit bags, they're brilliant.

Really? I've always thought they look and act terribly as a rope bag. Every time I see people trying to get the rope back into one, they essentially flake the rope twice! As a kit carrying device though, I'd agree.

rich.harvey 28 Apr 2017
In reply to Gone:

Nope, 5 years and going strong.
Andy Gamisou 29 Apr 2017
In reply to Gone:

> Has anyone managed to wear one out?

One I had eventually started to perish and get holes, mostly around the handles. Do I qualify for a prize of some sort
 GarethSL 29 Apr 2017
In reply to Gone:

> Has anyone managed to wear one out?

Not yet! Though I have broken a couple of the handles off the one I use for my winter kit. It would seem my insane amounts of climbing gear is just a little too heavy for our blue friends.
 Morgan Woods 29 Apr 2017
In reply to MikeSP:

Ikea rope bag or souvenir from hell?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...