UKC

Donating to IFSC for "free" streaming

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I was thinking of donating some money to the IFSC to say "Ta very much lads" for the boulder and lead coverage they stream. Does anybody have an idea as to how I could go about this?
After the furore with flosports its clear the streams are costing them brass and I'd like to give something back, as it were.
It'll not be a lot but y'know, "The Widows Mite" parable and all that. Also if it prompts others to chuck 'em a couple o'quid then that's all the better.

Cheers.
 stp 28 Apr 2017
In reply to Boris\'s Johnson:

It's a nice idea but the IFSC don't seem to want to communicate anything about the Flosports debacle to the climbing community. Did they need the money? We don't know. Who was responsible for the 'mistake'? We don't know. Why was it left so late for the announcement? We don't know. Why weren't others involved in the decision like the Athlete's Commission? We don't know.

Apart from a very terse and poorly written apology they also announced there would be a press release about the live streaming the next day. But it seems like even that was too much effort and they couldn't be bothered. All in all not very impressive. I think they reversed the Flosports deal because they didn't have any choice, what with massive outcry by the community and the athletes refusing to give interviews.
 stp 28 Apr 2017
In reply to Boris\'s Johnson:

The latest ad for the Japanese leg of the World Cups has an ad for the 'Olympic Channel' at the end. I don't know this is but in the Youtube video description it says:

Watch Bouldering in Tokyo now by tuning-in for the 4th IFSC World Cup of 2017! We are LIVE from Hachioji on April 30th at www.ifsc-climbing.org, and find more Sport Climbing action at www.olympicchannel.com

youtube.com/watch?v=EuuofdMjWr0&

Note that the date is wrong. April 30th is this weekend and it's the 3rd WC and it's in China, not Japan.

stp 28 Apr 2017
In reply to stp:

Checked out https://www.olympicchannel.com/ and couldn't find any climbing on there. Seems a pretty shoddy site, videos don't work, the search function doesn't work.

I eventually found the climbing stuff via duckduckgo:

eg. https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/sports/sport-climbing/

Potentially interesting stuff there but none of it works. None of the videos play.

Another Flosports debacle in the making?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...